2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 09:24 PM)
You could see Rose frantically looking for Haslem to dish it off to, but alas had to take it himself.

Hahaha.

LeBron sat in the corner today while D-Wade took the last shots in their game against Atlanta.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 11:38 PM)
Ugh. How does that retain to this situation? No one pissed in your Cheerios when Love hit that game winner earlier this year. In fact, we all enjoyed the moment with you.

I didn't post it because of anything that happened tonight (or anything that the Bulls have ever done). You shouldn't presume things, especially since I wasn't even replying to a comment that was about the Bulls game. Jesus christ, defensive much?

It was posted because it's an interesting article on an interesting topic, and because the ridiculous mindset that LeBron is an awful person because he doesn't take the last shot for his team in every possible situation (which chw42 alluded to). It seemed pretty relevant to that.

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
I didn't post it because of anything that happened tonight (or anything that the Bulls have ever done). You shouldn't presume things, especially since I wasn't even replying to a comment that was about the Bulls game. Jesus christ, defensive much?

It was posted because it's an interesting article on an interesting topic, and because the ridiculous mindset that LeBron is an awful person because he doesn't take the last shot for his team in every possible situation (which chw42 alluded to). It seemed pretty relevant to that.

LeBron doesn't want that kind of pressure on him, so he either gives the ball to Wade or freaking Udonis Haslem. It's been this way since Boston beat Cleveland in the playoffs a few years back. If there's any single intangible in basketball that's of any importance, it's having the drive to put the team on your back the entire game, including the last possessions, which oh by the way, are some of the most important in the game. People don't just like closers for the hell of it, they do it because closing a basketball game isn't easy.

This isn't about LeBron's basketball skills, it's about his mindset. He probably has twice the talent of any player in the NBA, but his drive and motivation to be THE guy just isn't there. He's his own worst enemy and I think we should all be glad that's the case, or else every other team in the NBA would be championship-less for the next five years.

I gotta disagree with you a bit chw42, LBJ does have a history of being clutch, but you are correct that recently he does seem to shy away from the moment.

I think as a pure basketball fan, it's kind of frustrating to see LBJ being so passive in the waning moments of a ball game.

As Bulls fans, we know LBJ can hit big time shots, he did it to us last year in the ECFs , not just once but numerous times. It also baffles me why LBJ doesn't just go low post in those situations, he'd abuse any one defender, you would need to throw a double team and Bron is an elite passer, he would pick you apart.

If the Bulls/Heat play in the ECFs this year, I'm hoping LBJ will be the pass first out from behind the 3pt line on an ISO version, I'd rather have someone else other than James beat us. Haslem? Yes please!

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

2012-03-08_00-17-56_1266.jpeg

I went to the game in Milwaukee tonight. Id say it was about 70%+ Bulls fans there.

The pic is of Clay Guida (black shirt) having to have a girl taken away by security. It was pretty entertaining. The Bucks got booed when they were being announced and there were MVP chants anytime Rose shot free throws, it was pretty ridiculous for an away game.

Sorry the pic is really big but Ive been drinking and dont feel like re-sizing it.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:24 PM)
How is he not in the MVP discussion? damn.

Probably because he's missed quite a few games.

I don't see how you can go past Durant at this point (and yes I'm very anti LeBron here, which I always have been. :D).

He's shooting 50% from the field, up 3-4% from last season, and the Thunder are rolling. Time for him to get some much needed recognition, award wise.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:33 AM)
I'm going to go ahead and admit that I've been wrong about Carmelo Anthony. I loved him on the Nuggets, he scored, rebounded, chipped in dimes, and hell, he helped my fantasy teams year-in and year-out.

I was jaded by fantasy. How stupid.

He's a completely worthless player without the ball in his hands. Watching that game last night, he just stands around, he doesn't set screens, he doesn't run around to get open, it's sad to see a player of such talent seem so lost and/or disinterested.

This is obviously the worst he has ever played, and I know there's a super star in him like the guy who carried the 2008 USA Olympic team, but that guy doesn't seem willing to come out with the Knicks just yet. You can't have a superstar who so willingly removes himself from the offense unless it's crunch time.

I apologize to all whom I wronged by stated Carmelo Anthony is awesome. He apparently is only awesome when he wants to be, and that's inexcusable.

When LINSANTIY was in full bloom, I said there were going to be a lot of question marks when Carmelo returned, in terms of ball movement and so many guys wanting their shots in D'Antoni's offense (not to mention they've got J.R Smith jacking up shots 10 times a game now).

Put simply, he's not a good fit in this current situation.

Now there's 2 ways the Knicks can go here, they've shown that without Melo they can actually win with D'Antoni's system (6-1 when Melo was out IIRC and 2-5 since he has returned, albeit they have played much tougher opponents).

I have said before I wonder how the Knicks would look right now if they had Gallinari instead of Melo, I just thought he was a much better fit in that offense and a better outside shooter.

So they need to either fire D'Antoni or seriously think about moving Melo for a better fit, probably a 2 guard who's very good defensively, I think even Andre Igoudala would be a good fit on that team.

Otherwise they need to bring in a Jeff Van Gundy or Phil Jackson. Mike Woodson is probably the next guy or would at least be an interim coach but I don't think that would excite anyone much in New York.

http://www.csnchicago.com/basketball-chica...tm_medium=email

Pacers have sights set on Kaman

CHRISTOPHER CASON

csnchicago.png

With most of the trade talks of proficient big man centering around Orlando Magic’s Dwight Howard and Los Angeles Lakers’ Andrew Bynum, the center most likely to be dealt before or on the March 15 trade deadline isn’t receiving too much press but could help the right team.

According to the Indianapolis Star, the Indiana Pacers have their sights set on New Orleans Hornets’ Chris Kaman.

Kaman is averaging 12.1 points, 8.3 rebounds and 1.3 blocks in 27 minutes a night for New Orleans.

The league-owned Hornets are in rebuilding process, still awaiting a potential buyer and Kaman has a $14 million expiring contract, making him an attractive target for teams who are looking to clear cap space and also acquire the services of the nine-year center until seasons’ end.

After All-Star Roy Hibbert, the Pacers depth at the center position is thin as Jeff Foster has only played in 11 games this season -- dealing with reoccurring back issues -- so the interest in Kaman would be legit.

The Pacers also have $14.5 million in cap space, so adding Kaman wouldn’t hinder them going forward.

The concern for Indiana in being able to acquire Kaman remains what the Hornets would want back for less than half a season of Kaman.

Pacers President Larry Bird has stated that he liked the direction of the team, but wouldn’t hesitate to make a move to improve the team, but losing any core player from the young nucleus -- of Paul George, Darren Collison, Tyler Hansbrough and Hibbert -- without the return of a legitimate star is something that will probably impede any progress of talks between the two teams.

How good would the Pacers be if they acquired Chris Kaman?