2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 07:55 AM)
So the Pacers piss off Rose with their celebration, he goes nuts. The Bucks piss off Rose by calling him average, he smashed the game winning shot in their stars face.

Can we get LeBron to talk about Rose's momma?

Based on LBJ's history, do you want to mention him and another players mom in the same sentence? ;)

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 01:50 AM)
Probably because he's missed quite a few games.

I don't see how you can go past Durant at this point (and yes I'm very anti LeBron here, which I always have been. :D).

He's shooting 50% from the field, up 3-4% from last season, and the Thunder are rolling. Time for him to get some much needed recognition, award wise.

I guess that's what I hate about the MVP voting. Is Lebron having one of the best statistical seasons? Sure. But what's the definition of MVP? What happens to the Heat if he's gone? Oh, they still have two all-stars. Durant still has Westbrook (though he's deserving of an MVP too). Rose has nothing. I love Deng and Noah. But come on now.

Rose takes over games. It's 1 on 5 sometimes and he still comes through. Lebron gets his stats in the first three quarters. Then he goes away to let someone else win the game. Like Mully said on the radio this morning, how can an MVP of the league be someone that's not the MVP of his own team? How can an MVP be a guy that refuses to put his team on this back in the 4th quarter?

And let's be real here. If Rose got the calls he should be getting (like Lebron/Wade), he'd have at least another 6-8 pts per game. He gets hacked on every drive to the basket. He'd be averaging over 30 easy.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
Chuck Garfien ‏ @ChuckGarfien

Lebron James had 31pts/11rebs last night in 3pt win, but in his last 5:25 on the court he had 0 points and 0 assists.

Bu bu but look at the stats!!!!! Teams lose 100% of games when their superstar takes the last shot. It's science you guys

Leave Lebron aloneeeeeeee

Edited by Jenksy Cat

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 07:55 AM)
So the Pacers piss off Rose with their celebration, he goes nuts. The Bucks piss off Rose by calling him average, he smashed the game winning shot in their stars face.

Can we get LeBron to talk about Rose's momma?

I missed this, what did they say?

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 7, 2012 -> 11:42 PM)
I didn't post it because of anything that happened tonight (or anything that the Bulls have ever done). You shouldn't presume things, especially since I wasn't even replying to a comment that was about the Bulls game. Jesus christ, defensive much?

It was posted because it's an interesting article on an interesting topic, and because the ridiculous mindset that LeBron is an awful person because he doesn't take the last shot for his team in every possible situation (which chw42 alluded to). It seemed pretty relevant to that.

Bah, I deleted that post almost immediately when I realized it had nothing to do with Rose. Like, seriously, it was up for less than 15 seconds. I'm sorry that it wasn't quick enough. My apologies, and that was an excellent article.

One disturbing trend I've noticed is the increase in Derrick Rose isolation plays to end quarters and games. The Bulls are at their best when they move the ball in these situations.

Derrick has hit some ridiculous shots as time expires the last few games. That shot last night was awesome. I still can't believe it went in... however, most of the 24 seconds he spent waiting for the clock to wind down, I was hoping something would develop. When Delfino pinched in to help Jennings on Rose, Deng was unforgivably wide-open.

Yes, Rose hit it. Yes, it was awesome, but man, when you have 24 seconds, that should not be the shot you take.

Anyway, just a rant. Just a COMPLAINT about Derrick Rose. Back to our regularly scheduled drool fest.

Edited by Steve9347

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bulls/2012/03/dw..._spotlight.html

Dwight Howard wants spotlight

By Seth Gruen on March 8, 2012 12:37 PM | No Comments | No TrackBacks

Orland Magic center Dwight Howard wouldn't comment on where he'd like to end up if he is traded by the March 15 trade deadline.

But comments he made at his team's shoot around Thursday at the United Center indicate that Chicago may be out of the running.

"I think everybody wants to be that guy to take the last shot," Howard said. "Be that guy that everybody is leaning on for whatever reason and I don't think there's any problem for wanting to be that guy. I've been that guy for this team since I've been here and my whole life I've been in a position of leadership."

With Chicago's favorite son, Derrick Rose, locked up long term, Howard would have to share that spotlight at a minimum.

Howard's comments seem to fall in line with some reports that he has been urged by Adidas to stay away from Chicago. Adidas has both Rose and Howard signed to endorsement deals and it has been reported that they wouldn't want their two most marketable NBA players in the same city.

But basketball and marketability aside, Howard said that while he has been in Chicago he hasn't imagined what it'd be like to play here.

"Nah, it's pretty cold here," Howard said.

There isn't anything stopping the Bulls from trading for Howard. But if he's unwilling to sign a contract extension with the Bulls, his price tag would be too high. His current contract expires after this season and the Magic would likely want young players locked up long term and draft picks.

It seemed for the Magic that March 15 couldn't come sooner. Head coach Stan Van Gundy wouldn't comment on the situation and Howard seemed empathetic toward his teammates.

"It's very tough for our team, for myself to just stay in that moment which is what we got to control on the court," Howard said. "But while you're on the court you hear everybody in the stands saying certain things and then when things don't go well, people start talking about it."

"I think everybody wants to be that guy to take the last shot," Howard said.

LOL, Dwight isn't even that on a team whose next best players are Jason Richardson and Jameer Nelson. The reason? BECAUSE DWIGHT CAN'T SHOOT.

Seriously, not interested in that guy.

Josh Smith has told the Hawks he wants to be traded ahead of the March 15 deadline, sources tell the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

Dearest Atlanta, how do you feel about Carlos Boozer and a boatload of draft picks?!

Smith under Thibbs would either be a homerun or a big time strikeout.

Oh, and yes, I know a-he won't get traded and b-if he did the Bulls would never pull it off.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Dearest Atlanta, how do you feel about Carlos Boozer and a boatload of draft picks?!

Smith under Thibbs would either be a homerun or a big time strikeout.

Oh, and yes, I know a-he won't get traded and b-if he did the Bulls would never pull it off.

Oh man, if you could get that athletism and NOT taking that horrible jump shot? Squishy.

QUOTE (Jenksy Cat @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 09:25 AM)
Bu bu but look at the stats!!!!! Teams lose 100% of games when their superstar takes the last shot. It's science you guys

Leave Lebron aloneeeeeeee

This post is very stupid. Congrats.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:09 PM)
Oh man, if you could get that athletism and NOT taking that horrible jump shot? Squishy.

He just seems like a big dummy though. Everyone else on the Bulls seems to understand what's going on on the court. I think Wilbon mentioned Nick Young and I just screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. He's the same way.

Can we stop including Boozer in any trade talk?

NOBODY WANTS HIM, WE'RE STUCK WITH HIM AND ANY POSSIBLE TRADE WILL PROBABLY INCLUDE ANY COMBINATION OF DENG, NOAH, GIBSON, WATSON OR ASIK AND PICKS.

/rant

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)
:nono We could do without the insults, thanks.

If someone is going to put that much effort into a post, they deserve to be called stupid. It was a stupid post that was taking aim at something they clearly didn't read/weren't interested in reading. It was stupid.

edit: How many more times can I say stupid in the same post to get my point across? stupid stupid stupid

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
If someone is going to put that much effort into a post, they deserve to be called stupid. It was a stupid post that was taking aim at something they clearly didn't read/weren't interested in reading. It was stupid.

edit: How many more times can I say stupid in the same post to get my point across? stupid stupid stupid

All I'm saying is we can get our point across without insulting someone else' opinion, but whatever.

you-mad-bro-61550819443.jpeg

QUOTE (Felix @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)

That's quite enough.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Mar 8, 2012 -> 02:42 PM)
All I'm saying is we can get our point across without insulting someone else' opinion, but whatever.

you-mad-bro-61550819443.jpeg

Don't worry, the irony of this post is not lost on me.