2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Noah's pretty close to a triple double tonight--after 4 games worth of double doubles.

still probably won't be enough of an effort to silence the haters.

let's get rid of Noah--and damned near everyone else-- so we could bring in Howard, right?

Edited by SouthSideTeacher

Ryan Anderson pulled down 20 rebounds in 27 minutes tonight? With Dwight Howard on the floor for nearly 40? And the Magic are officially awful. That leaves the Heat, Bulls, Hawks, Pacers, Sixers and maybe the Celtics as only non-awful eastern conference teams.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (SouthSideTeacher @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Noah's pretty close to a triple double tonight--after 4 games worth of double doubles.

let's get rid of Noah--and damned near everyone else-- so we could bring in Howard, right?

Right

I hated Noah at Florida so he has to do something really insane to ever get on my love list.

Its also why I hate Boozer because he played at Duke. The only Duke player I really tolerated was Deng (and I guess I tried to like Jayson Williams), so I just usually have opinions before they start in the NBA.

Howard >>>>>>> Noah

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:26 PM)
Ryan Anderson pulled down 20 rebounds in 27 minutes tonight? With Dwight Howard on the floor for nearly 40? And the Magic are officially awful. That leaves the Heat, Bulls, Hawks, Pacers, Sixers and maybe the Celtics as only non-awful eastern conference teams.

That's what happens when the two teams shoot a combined 35% from the floor.

Edit: Holy s***, and a combined 49% from the free throw line.

Edited by Felix

Correct. Nobody is hating on Noah for saying that we would trade him for the best center in basketball.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:29 PM)
Howard >>>>>>> Noah

That's what happens when the two teams shoot a combined 35% from the floor.

Edit: Holy s***, and a combined 49% from the free throw line.

That's some impressive basketball.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:13 PM)
Wizards are so poorly constructed. You look at some of these teams and you wonder how the GMs have jobs.

I wouldn't say "poorly constructed" as much as "basketball challenged". They have some insanely athletic players but few skills and no basketball IQ. Wall and McGee are nice pieces (though Wall isn't there yet obviously), but Blatche is clueless and they don't have anyone that can shoot.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
Based on the fact that it cant be a "sign & trade" Orlando has very little room to leverage Hedo in the deal.

Yes it can. Just for a shorter period of time:

Extend-and-trade deals

A player may sign an extension for up to three years in length and get traded during the season. The owners' previous offer prohibited these by imposing a six-month buffer between the time of a trade and the signing of an extension.

Comment: Now the drama that played out with Denver's Carmelo Anthony last season, and whatever damage it inflicted on the Nuggets and their fans, can play out with Orlando's Dwight Howard, New Orleans' Chris Paul and New Jersey's Deron Williams, among others. Another move by the owners.

NBA.com

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Michael Beasley!?

Yeah, I don't know. His shot selection has been a little better since getting back from injury, and he's been coming off the bench (which is MUCH better than starting), but this is clearly a fluke. Doesn't mean it isn't awesome, though!

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 09:01 PM)
Yeah, I don't know. His shot selection has been a little better since getting back from injury, and he's been coming off the bench (which is MUCH better than starting), but this is clearly a fluke. Doesn't mean it isn't awesome, though!

5 boards for Love? Bizarro world for the Wolves though Rubio is still awesome.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 30, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
Correct. Nobody is hating on Noah for saying that we would trade him for the best center in basketball.

As one of Noah's most passionate fans, even I would trade him for Howard---if that's ALL it'd take.

My main argument against the Noah for Howard trade talk is that it WOULDN'T just be Jo. If you'd have to dismantle all that makes this Bulls team effective and special just to bring in ONE AMAZING GUY, then what good will it be after?

Of course a ROSE/HOWARD combo would be incredibly effective... but if God forbid one of them were to go down with an injury, what good does it do you to send your entire supporting cast--as well as future draft picks and a TON of cash-- packing? They'd still just be a one man show. Ugh. Maybe I'm just not the gambling type.

Edited by SouthSideTeacher