2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:27 AM)
At least from what I've watched, Boozer hasn't been nearly as torchable on defense this year as last year, but that could be entirely because Joakim's become such a weak spot.

I think last years Boozer was unfairly maligned with that foot injury.

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 09:46 AM)
I think last years Boozer was unfairly maligned with that foot injury.

His reputation as a s*** defender preceded his arrival in Chicago. (Ditto his reputation for disappearing in the postseason, and for always being hurt).

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 08:08 AM)
Yeah, when Boozer's Rainbow is on, he's great because we can effectively run the Pick & Pop. We can run the Pick & Roll because of Noah, which is fine if Noah was getting his 13 hustle points, but he's not.

Gibson thinks he's become Boozer and can make that shot.

Asik did some random/cool post moves yesterday, but that sure as hell won't last.

I dont know about that. He shows little flashes here and there of a good post game, and I think all he lacks is confidence in it. I still think Omer has room to grow with the Bulls, his defense is already superb, if he gets an average offense to go with it the Bulls should be thrilled.

Carlos Boozer has been better on defense this year, there's no question about that, and his field goal percentage is in line from last year. He's simply playing less, which makes his ppg much lower.

He's averaging 6 fewer minutes and 4 fewer shots than he did in Utah when he put up 21.1 ppg. I presume this is all planned to keep him healthy, and obviously to keep him off the floor in close 4th quarters when his offense doesn't outweigh his defense. If he were averaging the minutes he got in Utah, he'd be very close to 20 ppg.

However, I'm not advocating those minutes. The Bulls' rotation is a huge reason we have an upper hand in this shortened season.

Edited by Steve9347

I think losing the 20 pounds in the off season has prompt Boozer to become more of a mid range shooter than a low post player, and it helped a bit on the defensive end also. At least he's giving more effort.

If you look at it, the guy has really short hands, he could never challenge shots or block shots like Gibson can, even though they are both 6'9"

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
"The Clips can't contend with Vinny Del Negro. He's a strategic abomination. It's unbelievable. Maybe the worst game coach I have ever seen."

tweet from Bill Simmons a few minutes ago

I'm still completely shocked that he got another job. VDN was abysmal... one of the worst and most confounding and frustrating coach hirings in Chicago sports history.

EDIT: And yes, I said that the moment they hired him.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 12:18 PM)
I'm still completely shocked that he got another job. VDN was abysmal... one of the worst and most confounding and frustrating coach hirings in Chicago sports history.

EDIT: And yes, I said that the moment they hired him.

At least the Bulls can say they never saw him coach a game before hiring him. What's the Clippers' excuse?

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 01:27 PM)
At least the Bulls can say they never saw him coach a game before hiring him. What's the Clippers' excuse?

I remember a reporter from LA on with B&B a while back saying there are those who believe Reinsdorf wanted VDN out but didn't want to eat the contract. Stern then negotiated with the Clippers to get him out there where no one was looking so that Rose could develop with a real coach.

The whole thing seemed odd and the story was never really fleshed out, but that's what he said.

QUOTE (G&T @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 01:37 PM)
I remember a reporter from LA on with B&B a while back saying there are those who believe Reinsdorf wanted VDN out but didn't want to eat the contract. Stern then negotiated with the Clippers to get him out there where no one was looking so that Rose could develop with a real coach.

The whole thing seemed odd and the story was never really fleshed out, but that's what he said.

David Stern must hate Blake Griffin.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 12:58 PM)

It should just be called "Derrick Rose forever has turf toe".

It's never going away, it'll just get worse at certain points. He's a beast, and I'm sure they'll just inject the area prior to tipoff as they did throughout the entire postseason last year.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 11, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)
It should just be called "Derrick Rose forever has turf toe".

It's never going away, it'll just get worse at certain points. He's a beast, and I'm sure they'll just inject the area prior to tipoff as they did throughout the entire postseason last year.

When did he get turf toe?

Marc Stein @ESPNSteinLine 15m Reply Retweet Favorite · Open

Going up on ESPN online: Bulls signing Mike James out of D-League in wake of Derrick Rose toe injury, say sources close to deal. Link soon

Oh

K.C Johnson @KCJHoop Close

League source confirms @ESPNSteinLine report #Bulls have signed Mike James, who is trying to get to WEDS tip vs. WASH. DRose turf toe worse.

My

F*ck.