2011-2012 NBA Season Thread

• Replies 8.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:32 AM)
Rose is a gametime decision. He did shoot around for 10 minutes.

If he played today and took tomorrow off vs. Phoenix, it would probably be ok. Nash got hurt towards the end of last nights game and may miss as well.

And even with Nash, Suns only average about 93 points a game.

Edited by Brian

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
If he played today and took tomorrow off vs. Phoenix, it would probably be ok. Nash got hurt towards the end of last nights game and may miss as well.

And even with Nash, Suns only average about 93 points a game.

Honestly, if he needs some rest he should just take today and tomorrow off, which gives him until Friday to heal.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
Its hard to tell.

If its just pain tolerance, he might as well suit up and see how it feels. If it could get worse or reinjured, probably safest to sit him today.

There's literally 0 reason for him to play. None whatsoever.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:21 PM)
Noah is just terrible now. I have no idea what's happened to him.

His numbers really aren't all that much different than last year's averages. His field goal percentage is down a bit, so he's averaging 4.6 points less but he's also playing 6 or 7 less minutes. His rebounding and block rates are pretty much the same. His defense is still above average, but not as good as it was last year. He's just not playing with any confidence or energy right now. I think people have overblown how "bad" he's been this year so far.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 06:25 PM)
His numbers really aren't all that much different than last year's averages. His field goal percentage is down a bit, so he's averaging 4.6 points less but he's also playing 6 or 7 less minutes. His rebounding and block rates are pretty much the same. His defense is still above average, but not as good as it was last year. He's just not playing with any confidence or energy right now. I think people have overblown how "bad" he's been this year so far.

He looks slower on the court, as you see guys driving past him a lot more than in recent years.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:28 PM)
He looks slower on the court, as you see guys driving past him a lot more than in recent years.

I don't find that to be true at all. Speights drives past him unexpectedly once and it gets overblown. Meh.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:30 PM)
This seems like a game where Korver's going to have to go off for Bulls to win.

I literally just tweeted that same thing. Bulls defense didn't play great in the first, but Memphis is also shooting well right now.