2012 TV Thread

knightni

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While home sick and cruising Netflix for something to watch i settled on starting White Collar from the beginning. I've seen an random episode or three so it will be nice to see how what little i remember fits with the narritive. Don't remember hearing much here about the show pro or con. (no pun intended) Any thoughts??? worth sticking with?? i got first 5 episodes done. seems to be off to a good start.

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
I'm surprised Felix doesn't care that I implied that he has a small penis :lol:

No, no, he can handle that (it's the truth) but question his intellect and he'll put you in your place.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Man, you guys watch a lot of TV. I haven't even heard of half these shows. Will more TV mean less alcohol for me? I need to stop drinking so much.

No way. Booze & TV go together well. Some of the shows nowadays need alcohol to be watchable anyway.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 12:32 AM)
I thought Alzatraz was pretty good. Kind of worries me it might be one of those "LOST" type shows with mystery after mystery after mystery.

One thing it has going for it is there's a "House" style where each episode will seem to involve a new inmate and tracking him down. So you get the big, prevailing storyline along with little, tidy episodes that wrap up a smaller portion of the story.

You won't have the 5 episodes of learning absolutely nothing for the buildup to something that winds up lame, like in Lost.

Big fan of Alcatraz. I think Abrams learned his lesson with Fringe, which started as a standalone procedural with a VERY broad overall mystery, but quickly made the mystery more of the focal point.

I was glad to see that the second episode brought back the first prisoner and incorporated him into the story. We'll get the one case per show, but it's all adding up and building towards something. It's Lost-like right down to the music and "Alcatraz" screen shot. Loved it.

Also, agree on the main blonde busting out. Too bad this show wasn't on HBO/Showtime.

I started watching SOA toward the end of season two.

I just watched season 1 on DVD, the show was much better then. A good amount of stuff makes more sense now. I like that they actually had jobs while now they are all just smugglers, gun runners and soldiers.

TBBT is a pretty good show. It is kind of like Modern Family where some times it is on and some times it is off but for the most part it is 30 minutes of pretty good humor that holds my attention. The cast is good and nothing seems forced.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 12:07 PM)
I wanted to like Alcatraz, but I felt like everything was a little "too" convenient for the cops. I didn't feel like it was nearly as smart as a lot of similar shows.

Yeah, I get that "Too convenient" feel also, but there's also a hint of a reason for that already.

Finally got around to watching Alcatraz.....not too bad. should keep me hooked Monday nights.

Will be watching Justified later on this afternoon (one of the drawbacks to working night shift)

and for those interested....This girl is the lucky woman who will capture Barney's heart on HIMYM.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 18, 2012 -> 12:01 PM)
Last nights JUSTIFIED was my first episode and enough to keep me watching and somehow find and view the first 2 seasons.

I'm shocked with the small yet vocal group of Soxtalkers who rave about Justified that you didn't jump on sooner. Welcome aboard, sir.