2012 TV Thread

knightni

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
I absolutely love the Big Bang Theory.

Yes. I guess if the ignorant are going to hate on it, I'll have to rally behind it. The first couple seasons were better than it currently is IMO, but it's still a well-done comedy.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Ah, so people who don't like The Big Bang Theory are now all ignorant. That's quite a blanket to lay down.

:lolhitting

Archer is the best comedy to me at the moment.....NO LAUGH TRACK. But being ignorant, I wouldn't know the difference.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 09:41 AM)
I absolutely love the Big Bang Theory.

I wouldn't go as far as "loving" it, but I certainly do enjoy it. It's not trying to be anything but a goofy sitcom and it's entertaining enough.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 02:43 PM)
Ah, so people who don't like The Big Bang Theory are now all ignorant. That's quite a blanket to lay down.

Not really. You don't know what you're missing. That's ignorant. Ignorant isn't really an insult.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 03:58 PM)
Not really. You don't know what you're missing. That's ignorant. Ignorant isn't really an insult.

I know exactly what I'm missing. I've watched the majority of the first season as I had roommates in college that absolutely loved it. I think it's complete trash that relies on the same overused schtick of nerds being nerdy. It's relies too heavily on a laugh track and has very little comedic value.

My statement about prefering to watch Human Centipede might have sounded like a hyperbole, but it honestly wasn't. I would seriously start laughing mid-way through the first viewing, which is more than Big Bang Theory could do for me.

EDIT: To be perfectly honest, I find it hard to enjoy any show with a laugh track these days. If a comedy feels the need to tell you when you should be laughing, then it's probably not doing it's job particularly well. It's another reason why I have immense respect for Sports Night, which didn't want a laugh track but was refuted by the network. As the series progressed, the laugh track became rarer and quieter, before finally disappearing completely in season two.

Edited by Felix

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 04:19 PM)
I dont mind laugh tracks and I like The Big Bang Theory.

I dont get why people argue so much over taste so much, some people like bad things, we just move on.

I'm mostly arguing over the fact that people who don't like the show are instantly ignorant. That's just stupid.

Johnny Galecki gives me the creeps. That's reason enough for me. And then he gets to nail a hot blonde, no thank you. Everything he's ever done is either creepy or awkward. You could easily remove him entirely from "Christmas Vacation" and it would be a better movie. And on "Roseanne," let's not get started on that subject. (shudders)

The problem with CBS is they seem to intentionally find washed up actors to put in their shows. Every show has at least one. I mean, Chris O'Donnell and LL Cool J, seriously? Creepy Johnny Galecki had been successfully forgotten in Hollywood until his creepy a$$ was put on that show.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (fathom @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 01:57 PM)
Maybe it's me, but Shameless has sucked the first two episodes this season.

Don't disagree.

I assume Frank finds all the money Fiona is saving and steals it at some point

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 05:35 PM)
The problem with CBS is they seem to intentionally find washed up actors to put in their shows. Every show has at least one. I mean, Chris Robbins and LL Cool J, seriously? Creepy Johnny Galecki had been successfully forgotten in Hollywood until his creepy a$$ was put on that show.

Who is Chris Robbins?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 06:19 PM)
Man, you guys watch a lot of TV. I haven't even heard of half these shows. Will more TV mean less alcohol for me? I need to stop drinking so much.

Probably not. Boozing and television can be combined into greatness.

QUOTE (Felix @ Jan 16, 2012 -> 04:36 PM)
Ignorant: Lacking knowledge or awareness in general; uneducated or unsophisticated

That's still not stupid, but I'm not going to argue someone about the definition of a word. You're just wrong, that's all. ;)