2012 Video Game Thread

knightni

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Any other PS3 people pick up/plan on picking up Borderlands 2? I'd love to find some other people that aren't going to take EVERY piece of loot that drops.

I put in a little over an hour last night after picking it up at midnight, really early impression but it's really good.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)
Any other PS3 people pick up/plan on picking up Borderlands 2? I'd love to find some other people that aren't going to take EVERY piece of loot that drops.

I put in a little over an hour last night after picking it up at midnight, really early impression but it's really good.

The first one was fine, but I think i'm skipping 2. I got my loot-grab fix out from Diablo.

I picked up Madden and the Witcher 2 recently. Madden is still an average and disappointing experience. I totally got suckered into buying it even though I knew it wouldn't be worth the price of admission. The new physics engine, while cool sometimes, is so buggy. I dunno how many times i've seen a breakaway and amazingly when the defender tackles the offensive player from behind he's not thrust forward, but backward. Apparently the physics engine wasn't built with inertia/momentum in mind. That and there's nothing more infuriating than seeing an open hole for your RB, but you're JUST too close to an offensive lineman and you get thrown backwards/to the side. The game demands a little too much precision in the running game, but maybe that can be improved over time.

The Witcher 2 on the other hand is pretty fantastic. Great graphics, a decent story, and I love the game mechanics (on the PC). Highly recommended for anyone looking for a $30 action role-playing game.

im skipping down to gamestop to get borderlands 2 tomorrow morning, cant wait.

i have the witcher 2 for xbox 360, once i got over the learning curve and stopped going balls to the wall and getting killed every 5 seconds I've found it to be an amazing game and im glad I didnt trade it in for madden

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 18, 2012 -> 01:14 PM)

Good s*** today. That one boss battle was intense.

The only problem I have with the game is there should be a loot system in place for rare items. Or at least a quick text dialogue saying "Go ahead and take that piece".

QUOTE (chimpy2121 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 03:23 PM)
Good s*** today. That one boss battle was intense.

The only problem I have with the game is there should be a loot system in place for rare items. Or at least a quick text dialogue saying "Go ahead and take that piece".

I've never heard of this game but I am interested, did anyone give a rundown yet?

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 08:31 PM)
I've never heard of this game but I am interested, did anyone give a rundown yet?

It's Diablo as a first person shooter.

There's a loose story plus a ton of sidequests. Enemies drop money and loot (various guns, shields, class tokens, relics). You pick one of 4 character classes and level up, choosing skills as you advance. 4-player coop.

Also, the game has a very good sense of human and makes a lot of gaming/pop culture references. For example (very minor spoiler):

I just had a mission where I was ordered to take a pizza to a gang of bandits who lived in the sewers, and then kill them. Their names were Lee, Ralph, Mick, and Dan and they talked like surfer dudes.

:D

Edited by CrimsonWeltall

QUOTE (flippedoutpunk @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Borderlands 2 wouldve been so much more enjoyable if it had a loot system like diablo 3 where whatever loot drops is your own. That being said, this is the greatest game ive ever played and i cant wait till Carter224 gets on xbox live so we can steal each others s***.

Yeah, that annoys me, I've played a few rounds with guys that dash right for the loot and grab everything in sight. They don't even leave me ammo much less guns. :angry:

Other than that though, this game is awesome. I like the writing and some of the shootouts are pretty awesome. Considering I'm only a level 8, I'm sure it gets even more intense.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
No, but I've watched/read some stuff about it. I like the concept. How does it feel to play?

The skating is very smooth. Goalie better on one timers and better all around. Hitting is better, you can really light someone up. Cycling with the puck is much better, more like real hockey. You can now have your D pinch up too.

QUOTE (That funky motion @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
The skating is very smooth. Goalie better on one timers and better all around. Hitting is better, you can really light someone up. Cycling with the puck is much better, more like real hockey. You can now have your D pinch up too.

It seems more realistic. I remember playing against people who played hockey and they'd always get mad at me because I'd just go end to end weaving through defenders and would win. This skating system seems like a huge step forward and might encourage me to buy it.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Sep 19, 2012 -> 09:03 PM)
It seems more realistic. I remember playing against people who played hockey and they'd always get mad at me because I'd just go end to end weaving through defenders and would win. This skating system seems like a huge step forward and might encourage me to buy it.

Much harder to score on the breakaway. Easier from the point to score now, so it makes you work to get that perfect shot.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 08:16 PM)
Well, I'm a 10 right now and I only have the basic, s***ty SMG's. You also seem to get better stuff in co-op if no one beats you to it, which I've done a few times.

At the point you're at, any good gun you get is going to be obsolete in a couple levels anyway. Just use whatever good stuff you come across (sniper, assault rifles, smgs, etc).

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Sep 20, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
At the point you're at, any good gun you get is going to be obsolete in a couple levels anyway. Just use whatever good stuff you come across (sniper, assault rifles, smgs, etc).

That's pretty much what I do, but I'd prefer to balance my arsenal a bit so I'm not constantly trying to get more assault rifle and shotgun ammo.