2012-13 Music Thread

Balta1701

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
There's going to be another QOTSA album, and Dave Grohl is going to play drums on it.

I saw the tweet with the soundboard with the label Drums-Dave. Have you seen anything else besides that? I'm freaking happy if this is true.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 7, 2012 -> 04:20 PM)
In other "new album from old band" news - the Soundgarden album is available for free stream today.

http://smarturl.it/KingAnimalStream

It's soooooooooo boring. I adore Soundgarden, and obviously their three album peak, but this is just not that good.

I agree. Painfully dull.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Nov 6, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
There's going to be another QOTSA album, and Dave Grohl is going to play drums on it.

And if we're lucky enough, there will be a tour following, with Dave aboard. And I will be there, wherever it may be.

Speaking of music and a totally different direction, I'm TOTALLY bummed that, of the 12 shows that the Monkees (Peter, Micky, Mike) are doing, NONE are even remotely close to the Southeastern U.S.

But, I am off to see The Who tonight, so that almost makes up for it.

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Nov 5, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
The first new Aerosmith album made up entirely of original material since 2001 arrived on my doorstep today. Based on the new material they've been playing live, I'm terrified to open it.

**Edit** My gut feeling was right.

:violin

That bad?

QUOTE (The Gooch @ Nov 8, 2012 -> 12:30 PM)
That bad?

Depends on what you're looking for. It most certainly isn't the "classic Aerosmith" album everyone in the band said it was going to be, but I assume nobody was fooled by that hype campaign. Lyrically, it's so bad that it feels like a collection of rejected Just Push Play material with a healthy sprinkling of cliche Aerosmith phrases. Musically, there is some good work here- nothing ground breaking or even memorable, but they've been doing what they've been doing for a long time, so you can't really expect anything less. The mind-numbing lyrics are delivered quite well by Steven Tyler for what it's worth.

There were some songs that had their good moments, but in each case, those same songs managed to find the time for equally bad moments. There wasn't one track that was great from start to finish.

A lot of the songs will get stuck in your head, it's too bad that they aren't particularly good songs. I think this album was recorded and released to capitalize on Steven Tyler's American Idol schtick- can't blame them for that. I wish they would have just continued what they did for Honkin' On Bobo and applied it to some original material. On a scale of 1-5, I would probably give it a 2.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
I'm such a sucker. Upon further review, I adore the new Soundgarden album.

At Best Buy, you can get Louder Than Love, Badmotorfinger, Superunknown, Down On The Upside and Live On I-5 on CD in one box for $20.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Nov 16, 2012 -> 07:00 PM)
Got tickets today to see Fun. when they come to Ball State. Tickets were $5 each! $5! So excited. The only concert I've ever been to was ....... Lil wayne. UGH. Hate that asshole.

Even thought I'm not a big fan of Some Nights, they still put on one hell of a live show... Seen them I think 5 times since 2009. You won't be disappointed....

QUOTE (Cali @ Nov 17, 2012 -> 03:30 PM)
Even thought I'm not a big fan of Some Nights, they still put on one hell of a live show... Seen them I think 5 times since 2009. You won't be disappointed....

Good to hear. I have just been waiting to wash myself of that 2009 Lil Wayne concert, so this will be therapeutic in the least. Ha.

I haven't followed this thread, but I'm sure we gotta have a some rap fans here. I myself am not that big into rap but a friend I grew up with has turned himself into what I believe is a pretty good artist. Now I'm curious if I'm just being a homer (Was actually in one of his videos) or if my buddy has some real talent.

His best musics on his myspace, "Transform" is the song to really check out..

http://us.myspace.com/liptakmusic

And here's the video I'm in, quite the thugish group of people eh? (I'm the fat white guy with black glasses.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEEB2RlK1fw...;feature=relmfu

I think its his worse song but hey :lookatme :lookatme