Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 11:00 PM)
Exactly. They blitzed eight guys, so as long as he gets to the outside he has all this free room to run, which is the only thing he can do. Sit back in coverage, make him beat you with his arm Rex, bad coaching.

It should be interesting when the Bears head to Denver. I'm thinking Lovie won't be dumb enough to let him beat the Bears like that, but Urlacher/Briggs do have the size & speed to keep up with him.

MVP of tonight = Von Miller. That kid is a f***ing beast.

Von Miller was awesome last night. 1.5 sacks, 4 qb hits and 10 tackles. He is on pace to break the rookie sack record.

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 08:03 AM)
I completely disagree. Elway wants nothing to do with Tebow as his QB, but if he keeps making plays to help his team win games, you can't just bench him. Despite his lack of any passing ability, his team is 4-1 behind him and his playmaking has directly contributed to it. I know you shouldn't let the inmates run the asylum, but if the Broncos win this crappy division behind Tebow, it's gonna be very difficult to try & bring in another QB to start next season.

Dilfer is a real bad example. The 2000 Ravens had one of the best defenses ever that season, which was the only reason they won and everyone knows that. Dilfer was a caretaker, nothing else and not even that good at it. 12 TDs, 11 INTs during the season.

The Broncos are averaging a whopping 20 pts a game since Tebow has took over, he is not winning them games, their defense is.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 07:07 AM)
The Broncos are averaging a whopping 20 pts a game since Tebow has took over, he is not winning them games, their defense is.

I don't disagree with you about that. In the NFL, the QB gets too much of the credit or too much of the blame. People see the 1-4 record to start the year, then the 4-1 record since Tebow took over. Add in the 2 late comebacks vs. MIA & the Jets, and people see him as a winner leading his team on, despite his inability to throw a football.

QUOTE (lostfan @ Nov 17, 2011 -> 04:34 PM)
Drew Brees.

The list is extremely short though. Pro Bowl QBs just don't hit free agency very often. That's why the Cutler trade was such a big deal.

Exactly, and Brees was a HUGE risk at the time. He had major shoulder surgery in the offseason, in fact he was supposed to sign with the Dolphins that offseason but their doctors recommended against it. It definitely worked out for the Saints but you NEVER see top 10 QBs hit free agency unless there is some other underlying issue (injury, age, etc.).

QUOTE (hawksfan61 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 07:25 AM)
Exactly, and Brees was a HUGE risk at the time. He had major shoulder surgery in the offseason, in fact he was supposed to sign with the Dolphins that offseason but their doctors recommended against it. It definitely worked out for the Saints but you NEVER see top 10 QBs hit free agency unless there is some other underlying issue (injury, age, etc.).

He also hit free agency because the Chargers didn't think he was good and had drafted Phillip Rivers. Next thing you know Brees blows up, gets hurt, and Rivers looks like a stud too. Basically put, Chargers had no choice but to move one elite QB (I'm convinced Rivers is hurt or something this year, he has been pretty damn elite for a couple years, imo, despite having a crappy defense around him).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:31 AM)
I really don't like Flacco. They have a small window left with that defense so I figure they might as well go for it.

That defense has been formidable for so long it just seems like it always is going to be.

The bigger difference though is between "Not liking" a guy and "Willing to give up 2 full drafts to replace a guy". They may not be thrilled with Flacco right now, but I don't think they're at the "desperate to replace him" point yet.

If Indy waits a year and tries to move him in 2013, maybe then.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 11:05 AM)
I've always assumed they suffer from the same long-term problem that the Bears do: lose your HOF MLB, lose your defense.

We will see what happens on Sunday vs. Cincy then. Ray-Ray is out for the first time in about 4-5 seasons.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:05 PM)
I've always assumed they suffer from the same long-term problem that the Bears do: lose your HOF MLB, lose your defense.

Still though, as they've had people move out, they've moved other stars in. Ngata is one of their big performers now, hes' not going anywhere.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 09:02 AM)
That defense has been formidable for so long it just seems like it always is going to be.

The bigger difference though is between "Not liking" a guy and "Willing to give up 2 full drafts to replace a guy". They may not be thrilled with Flacco right now, but I don't think they're at the "desperate to replace him" point yet.

If Indy waits a year and tries to move him in 2013, maybe then.

They could spin Flacco elsewhere. I watch a lot of Ravens games and I'd be hard pressed to find many people who think Flacco can be an elite QB. He's borderline solid at this point. His mechanics are meh and his delivery is too slow and this is coming from a guy who liked him a lot out of college. I will also say that Baltimore did get rid of his favorite targets and that has hurt him.

QUOTE (bmags @ Nov 18, 2011 -> 12:19 PM)
We really don't see Dan Snyder going after Peyton?

Even if he really wants to...this one's gonna be tough for him. They're still close to the cap again this year, they've already got some decent commits for next year, I'm just not sure they can 100% swing that.

Probably could, but it will be rougher on them than some teams, just a guess.