Official 2011-2012 NFL Thread

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colts fired head coach Jim Caldwell.

It's a bit of a surprise in that the Indianapolis Star and a prominent Colts blog had both grown confident that Caldwell would be retained. Despite an offensive background, Caldwell's unit finished 30th in the NFL at just 286.8 yards per game without Peyton Manning this season. His game management skills have also left a lot to be desired. Caldwell's firing is yet another sign that the Colts are entering a full-blown rebuilding process. Learning a new offense is one of several factors that could push Manning and the Colts to cut ties

Rotoworld

Edited by Soxfest

What are the cap ramifications if the Colts cut or traded Manning? Ive heard his cap number is 20 million and I know hes due a big roster bonus in the next few months. If they cut instead of trade him before the roster bonus would that soften the hit?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)
This was a great line, after all the rips against SF this year, I have zero regrets about ripping on the Bears

Have they found a GM yet?

Tebowf***ingchrist HeGone.

What the hell? This is exactly what DrunkBomber was talking about

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:56 PM)
This was a great line, after all the rips against SF this year, I have zero regrets about ripping on the Bears

Ok, seriously, this has to stop. NOW.

The 2 49ers fans ruffling feathers, you know who you are and you've been warned. That's quite enough. No one heard you say a damn thing the past 10 years.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:54 PM)
I will say this, I've been the one jabbing, etc.

Obama just tells it how it is and some people can't handle that......

Apparently he can't handle people telling him anything either, because he is the one on here b****ing about how he got treated.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:56 PM)

And don't be surprised when people treat you both like trolls, because that is exactly what has been going on.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:06 PM)
Ok, seriously, this has to stop. NOW.

The 2 49ers fans ruffling feathers, you know who you are and you've been warned. That's quite enough. No one heard you say a damn thing the past 10 years.

Are you saying that we only post on this site about the 49ers? Or are you taking a shot at us because the 49ers haven't been much to talk about for 10 years?

Not being sarcastic, I'm really not sure why you said that?

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 03:13 PM)
Are you saying that we only post on this site about the 49ers? Or are you taking a shot at us because the 49ers haven't been much to talk about for 10 years?

Not being sarcastic, I'm really not sure why you said that?

You're baiting Bears fans and rubbing in the 49ers success like you're the Patriots. Stop it.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:11 PM)
And don't be surprised when people treat you both like trolls, because that is exactly what has been going on.

Most posters here are respectful, look at the comments during and after the Packers/Giants game, if we had meathead Bears fans here they would be posting stuff like "suck it Green Bay!!", but they're no posts like that...

Of course us Bears fans were happy just like when the Lions got knocked off (it's called rivalry) but no point in rubbing it in to the Packer fans here who don't troll.

What does everyone think about the 49ers resigning Alex Smith?

While I'm elated he has been performing well, his contract price keeps getting higher now?

I'd say you have to sign him to a Kevin Kolb type contract, and hope he continues to develop into an elite NFL Quarterback.

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)

While I'm elated he has been performing well, his contract price keeps getting higher now?

I'd say you have to sign him to a Kevin Kolb type contract, and hope he continues to develop into an elite NFL Quarterback.

At this point I think they have to resign him, and I dont see him wanting to go anywhere else considering Harbaugh resurrected his career and believed in him when basically nobody else did.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:37 PM)
At this point I think they have to resign him, and I dont see him wanting to go anywhere else considering Harbaugh resurrected his career and believed in him when basically nobody else did.

It's been mentioned by many how unreal it was for Alex to resign this past year considering all he's been through. I don't think it was that difficult a choice considering all he could have been elsewhere is a 2nd or 3rd stringer.......

QUOTE (HeGone33 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:35 PM)

QBs don't grow on trees, so I guess you just have to hope he doesn't demand too much because he was able to manage games this year. He's in a perfect situation, and shouldn't wish to leave.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 03:37 PM)

Clearly they can't franchise tag him though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 02:58 PM)
QBs don't grow on trees, so I guess you just have to hope he doesn't demand too much because he was able to manage games this year. He's in a perfect situation, and shouldn't wish to leave.

Yea I think he sticks around......

It sure is nice having a guy around whom most consider a game manger, but can be as clutch as Alex....

I was thinking State Farm could do a "Discount Double Clutch" commercial since he had not one but two clutch drives on Saturday.....

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2012 -> 01:45 PM)
ChrisDeLuca Chris De Luca

#Bears signed Special Teams Coordinator Dave Toub to a two-year contract.

Good news for the Bears & Devin Hester. He interviewed for the Dolphins head job, think he's one of the top special teams guys in the league.