Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

huh? I'm desperate for what exactly?

All you can say is that no charges were filed, well thats because the poor girl took her life after the university and the police took no action because "it was football season and they are busy." In the meantime she received threatening text messages to "not mess with Notre Dame football." Lucky for that player that the girl he violated had such emotional issues that she took her own life and he kept his eligibility while the story was completely swept under the rug.

So what about that is inaccurate?

The story was not swept under the rug. The county prosecutor announced that he wasn't filing charges. What else is anybody supposed to say? Is Brian Kelly supposed to hold a press conference and announce that the player was lucky that the woman killed herself and thus open the kid up to civil lawsuits just to pacify a bunch of f***ing lunatic ND haters?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand how after so many years of struggling and being irrelevant, a team gets a coach who brings them into the National Championship Game and a fan would want to get rid of him because of a play call in 2010.

Not just one play call in 2010. Try reading comprehension. It helps.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
Not just one play call in 2010. Try reading comprehension. It helps.

Nice cherry pick. What he said stands. Try to come up with a logical way to explain it besides he made a few bad play calls, as any coach does. Missing the forest for the trees much?

"I don't understand how after so many years of struggling and being irrelevant, a team gets a coach who brings them into the National Championship Game and a fan would want to get rid of him"

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 05:49 PM)
The story was not swept under the rug. The county prosecutor announced that he wasn't filing charges. What else is anybody supposed to say? Is Brian Kelly supposed to hold a press conference and announce that the player was lucky that the woman killed herself and thus open the kid up to civil lawsuits just to pacify a bunch of f***ing lunatic ND haters?

Actually her family full of ND fans and alums probably would have appreciated Kelly suspending or dismissing an accused rapist. But ya know, everyones a hater if they arent superfans.

Hickory you're nuts for not wanting Kelly to continue coaching the Irish. Not only is he a good coach, but him leaving now would destroy everything ND had built the last few years. Who else would replace him? And please dont say Meyer or Stoops because it isn't happening

Actually her family full of ND fans and alums probably would have appreciated Kelly suspending or dismissing an accused rapist. But ya know, everyones a hater if they arent superfans.

We've had the discussion before about it not being rape, so you either have a terrible memory or you're just being a jackass.

Of course her family wanted something done, but you go around suspending/expelling everybody who's accused of everything when charges aren't even filed and that's setting a dangerous precedent, and since I don't see you applying that standard to the rest of the world, then yes, that makes you a f***ing hater.

Edited by HickoryHuskers

Nice cherry pick. What he said stands. Try to come up with a logical way to explain it besides he made a few bad play calls, as any coach does. Missing the forest for the trees much?

"I don't understand how after so many years of struggling and being irrelevant, a team gets a coach who brings them into the National Championship Game and a fan would want to get rid of him"

He was the one cherry picking. It's not just a few bad play calls, it's several monumentally stupid play calls, and those kinds of things can't continue if ND is going to get beyond where they are now.

Hickory you're nuts for not wanting Kelly to continue coaching the Irish. Not only is he a good coach, but him leaving now would destroy everything ND had built the last few years. Who else would replace him? And please dont say Meyer or Stoops because it isn't happening

Meyer would be on my list. Stoops wouldn't. My top two would be Jon Gruden and Charlie Strong, and I think ND could get one of those two.

Jon Gruden would be a bad hire for a college program. And I'd be weary about Charlie Strong at a school where there are tougher recruiting restrictions. He gets any kid with a pulse into Louisville and he can pull south Florida kids because Clint Hurtt is his main recruiter down there and he's from there and also recruited that area for Miami so he has a good relationship. Hurtt is also the guy who was introducing players to Nevin Shapiro in the Miami scandal so I'm expecting the NCAA to punish Hurtt big time.

So I while I think Strong is a very good coach, I dont know how he'd do at a place where he cant cherry pick Florida kids who dont go to Miami/UF/FSU, especially when those kids dont have the grades to get into ND.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 10, 2013 -> 08:37 PM)

I sure hope Kelly doesn't leave. He's a great coach and will win a title if he stays in ND. I believe that. But I don't blame him for looking to the NFL.

That article is risky as s***. Relying on this:

But there is no SSA record there of the death of Lennay Marie Kekua, that day or any other. Her passing, recounted so many times in the national media, produces no obituary or funeral announcement in Nexis, and no mention in the Stanford student newspaper.

Is troubling.

In order to actually ascertain if someone is dead, you need to know there birth name, unless they actually went through the process of changing their name. Its also concerning that they did not mention that they checked the California County Records for a Death Certificate.

Death Certificates are kept by county. In Illinois its usually kept in the office of vital records. If you were to search in Cook County instead of Lake County you would find nothing.

This will be fun, because one of the comments already said that she had a different real name. "Erm, that's because she was registered under her real name, Lennay Marie Wochinski. Lennay Marie Kekua was her professional name."

The pictures seem to be a smoking gun for a hoax though.

(edit)

And of course my law clerk with the unlimited subscriptions to nexis and westlaw is at school.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 16, 2013 -> 03:37 PM)
That article is confusing. Anyone got cliff notes?

Here is the gist.

Deadspin did research into the death of Teo's girlfriend. Deadspin was unable to find any records that reflect she actually existed. Deadspin is alleging that this was all done for publicity.