Official 2012-2013 NCAA Football Thread

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 7, 2013 -> 07:39 PM)
oh yeah, forgot about that Nebraska team.

Dumbass Larry Coker showing too much respect for Nebraska. He should have ran it up on NU just like NU use to do to teams.

Florida lost to Nebraska years ago (pre BCS) in what was a #1 vs. #1 match-up. I think it was Weurfell vs. Frazier/Phillips and it was a total beatdown.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 04:31 AM)
Florida lost to Nebraska years ago (pre BCS) in what was a #1 vs. #1 match-up. I think it was Weurfell vs. Frazier/Phillips and it was a total beatdown.

I was there, and it was a mismatch. Frazier was just awesome running the option.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 04:36 AM)
how many tackles does the greatest LB of all time have tonight?

Thankfully he didn't win the Heisman, especially after what happened in the bowl season. The real question is who would be 2nd if the vote was held today?

QUOTE (kev211 @ Dec 2, 2012 -> 07:03 PM)
They went 12-0 with wins over Stanford and Oklahoma and they won that Pitt game as well. I don't see your point every team has a bad day, its the good ones that overcome it and manage to remain undefeated.

Alabama struggles against mobile Quarterbacks and ND has stopped the run all season minus the Pitt game. Anyone who thinks Alabama is this unstoppable force and ND is going to get killed is wrong. The game will be close.

Good call. :D

So hypothetical based on the SEC's complete dominance of college football, if Alabama wins the SEC with one loss next year, and there are two undefeated teams from other conferences, would you vote for Alabama to go to the national championship game? I would put Alabama in without a doubt at this point.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jan 8, 2013 -> 03:41 PM)
So hypothetical based on the SEC's complete dominance of college football, if Alabama wins the SEC with one loss next year, and there are two undefeated teams from other conferences, would you vote for Alabama to go to the national championship game? I would put Alabama in without a doubt at this point.

Undefeated in a BCS conference? No. Some mid major undefeated? Absolutely.