Schoenewies

Jim Fainter

Ok, I'm pissed at Scott too, but give the guy more of a chance. Koch has earned our view of him by sucking time and time again. Scott has only sucked 2 or 3 times. Granted that's a lot for how much he has pitched for us, but let him suck more before saying he is Botch #2 or worse than Koch.

Ok, I'm pissed at Scott too, but give the guy more of a chance. Koch has earned our view of him by sucking time and time again. Scott has only sucked 2 or 3 times. Granted that's a lot for how much he has pitched for us, but let him suck more before saying he is Botch #2 or worse than Koch.

Just venting, I actually do think Schoeneweiss (God I'm sick of typing his name out) will turn it around.

I dunno Dan, he's only a couple more outings away from that one and I will start calling him lefty Botch.

CWSOX45

There is no doubt that are bullpen sucks right now, but how come nobody gives Wunsch credit as being a dependable reliever, it always seems Gordon and Marte are the only ones mentioned as being quality, I don't know about everybody else, but I consider Wunsch a very quality arm out of the pen.

Hello all, remember me? I'm the one who came on here as soon as you got Schoeny (AKA s*** n' wipe) from us and gave away that most prized of all bullpen posessions, Glover.

I was at the game tonight, and there was booing, jeering, and the like at Schoeny, meanwhile, in the stands, the crowd was chuckling to itself that finally we have a chance to have Shoeny work FOR us.

He is a horrible pitcher, and, granted, he's only blown a few games for you, I would say that he should get his outright release at the end of this year based on overall performance, if not sooner to free up a spot to a pitcher that might be effective. Sure, he's arbitration-eligible for 2004, but do the Sox REALLY want to subject themselves to what Angels fans have come to expect? Not hope for, but expect.

Once again, I'm sorry that the Sox got Shoeny, he's not worth a AAA contract, and he's getting progressively worse, not better. The only reason why his ERA was so low was that Scioscia and Black knew how to use him, and when to pull him, and whom to pull him for.

We have three more games here in Anaheim, and I will be flabergasted if we see Schoeny again.

The Sox look to me to be the team to beat this year, and I hope that All Star Game Home field advantage comes in handy for the folks in Chicago. The Angels are making a mad dash at last place, tonight excepted. Good luck with the rest of the year, and the rest of the series. I will be at every game cheering my Angels, as I'm sure, beyond any doubt, that you will be cheering your Sox, as it should be.

Let somebody have a bad game, and you guys want to rip him to shreds. :huh:

Welcome to soxtalk.com after a loss.....God Forbid we don't go 162-0!!!!

Losses happen, this wasn't all Schoeneweis' fault, lets not forget the piss-poor job by the offense in the first 3-4 innings...thats not situational hitting, and thats where we lost the game....but Schoe didnt help

I told you guys, letting Rick White go down was a mistake

I think the Astros did not get him. If kenny and manuel have any brains, they will call White back up.

The pussies need to learn to take the criticism....Rick White was 100% correct on his assessment

And he pitched much better than Scho has....Rick had an excellent two month span, with two bad outings in there....Scho has yet to have one good outing

I didnt see the game, but I talked to a buddy of mine who said Schoenweiss was laying fat pitches right down the middle when he was up in the count. He did good getting ahead of hitters, but never found his strikeout pitch.

When Koch came in to get the final two outs, did anyone watching the game remember the velocity on his fastballs? Got two popups in a tight situation, though one run scored. (Which proves Koch always gives up a run, event if it isnt charged to him).

I knew we werent going to comeback and win in the 9th because Koch would have gotten the win, and that just doesnt make sense.