2012-2013 NFL Thread

The Top 3 teams are San Fran, Houston and Atlanta. I still don't know how real the Bears are because even though they have looked pretty dominant at times, that loss vs the Packers still has me iffy of how good the Bears are since Green Bay just isn't very good this year.

The Lovie haters sure have been quiet though, lol.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)
The Top 3 teams are San Fran, Houston and Atlanta. I still don't know how real the Bears are because even though they have looked pretty dominant at times, that loss vs the Packers still has me iffy of how good the Bears are since Green Bay just isn't very good this year.

The Packers have struggled, but they've been banged up and have gotten hosed on some pretty blatant calls thus far. I don't think Rodgers is quite as good as he showed last year, but he is still a great player and having him on the team will give them a shot in any game.

Beside that, Clay Matthews is still a terror and always will be. He can pretty much come at you from whereever and really creates sacks for others around him too.

I still have the Packers as a top 10 team in the league.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
The Packers have struggled, but they've been banged up and have gotten hosed on some pretty blatant calls thus far. I don't think Rodgers is quite as good as he showed last year, but he is still a great player and having him on the team will give them a shot in any game.

Beside that, Clay Matthews is still a terror and always will be. He can pretty much come at you from whereever and really creates sacks for others around him too.

I still have the Packers as a top 10 team in the league.

Compared to the rest of the league, the Packers actually have been quite healthy. That being said, I still fear them greatly.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 01:49 PM)

You knock the Bears for losing to the Packers but not 49ers for losing to Vikings?

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 9, 2012 -> 09:28 PM)
I think most people still have the Packers as a better team and really they are 3-2 without refs changing outcome of a game.

That's fine, and I agree with it, just pointing out a small point in his rankings favor

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
Whaaaat?! This is the 666th Monday Night Football game. They should be all Tebowed in.

Not to detour the conversation, just wanted to throw out something I heard on the Dan Patrick Show.

I didnt hear them mention the 666th MNF which added to this.

Passe rating? 66.6

TDs? 6

INTs? 6

jersey number? 6

I hope he doesnt throw another pass, how ironic would that be. If something strange happens to Mark Sanchez and Tebow leads them to the playoffs I will be convinced that world is going to end in 2012.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:27 AM)
@MMehtaNYDN: Jets owner Woody Johnson on CNBC: "Are we going to keep Tebow? Absolutely. He'll be with us for 3 years." #nyj

Translation: "Of course we're keeping Tebow! Bad publicity is still good publicity! People haven't talked about the Jet's this much since...well, ever! We have a bat phone directly to ESPN's top brass. How cool is that?"

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)
Translation: "Of course we're keeping Tebow! Bad publicity is still good publicity! People haven't talked about the Jet's this much since...well, ever! We have a bat phone directly to ESPN's top brass. How cool is that?"

Nah, Jets have been ESPN big news ever since Rex got there. Tebow is just another ring in the circus, it isn't exponentially bigger. Remember when Rex (OMGZZZZZZ) swore on hard knocks? Foot fetish gate? It's New York, espn features them every season

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
I'm guessing everyone on the Jets will be fired after this year. From the GM to the players.

Or at least they should be.

I agree. Rex can't keep telling everyone that his team is Super Bowl bound and having stinker seasons

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:31 AM)

I blame Marion Barber. If that dumb ass stays in bounds, the Bears win that game, Oakland or San Diego wins the AFC West instead of Denver, and that playoff game vs. Pittsburgh never happens.

I realize there would still be a Tebow craze, but I bet it would much more subdued if that playoff game never happened and the Broncos just ended on a 4-game losing streak.

What I meant when I said that the Packers aren't very good this year is in comparison to the previous two seasons. They are still a top NFC team and yeah, they should be 3-2.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

Through 5 games, Jay Cutler is rated 2nd best QB in the 4th quarter with a QBR of 118.

5th best in the 2nd half with a QBR of 107

t-25th in the first half with a QBR of 57

He's like the anti-Lebron!

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 09:38 AM)
Nah, Jets have been ESPN big news ever since Rex got there. Tebow is just another ring in the circus, it isn't exponentially bigger. Remember when Rex (OMGZZZZZZ) swore on hard knocks? Foot fetish gate? It's New York, espn features them every season

LET'S GO GET A F*CKIN' SNACK!

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)
Through 5 games, Jay Cutler is rated 2nd best QB in the 4th quarter with a QBR of 118.

This has been rather evident, but those numbers are staggering.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 10, 2012 -> 11:06 AM)

Did you miss last season's NBA playoffs and Finals?