2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 05:40 PM)
Cutler and Marshall connection. Great game for the Bears O in the second half.

It's fun having a real wide receiver on the Bears. Some of Marshall's skill seems to have rubbed off on Hester too, great catch earlier.

Hope that Jeffrey's hand is OK.

straight up domination after the half. It was like both offense and defense said "f*** this noise" and just came out on all cylinders.

Once that first pick was thrown, Gabbert was shaken and lost his poise.

That second half was awesome. It's great to see the coaching staff make adjustments. They were able to move the ball successfully all day, but settling for those field goals was a big time bummer. Way to turn it around. Two weeks to get Urlacher and Jeffery healed up and to prep for the Lions. I want MNF revenge.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 07:30 PM)
10/07 8:15 PM ET

SC NFL SFO - QB Alex Smith injured finger on his throwing hand while making last pass during 45-3 rout of Bills

I remember seeing a finger injury like that last November. It ruined the Bears entire season.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 7, 2012 -> 11:34 PM)
The Bears seemingly have been flat to start games than turn it on big time, hopefully can start games in future well and end strong. That 2nd half was pretty amazing.

Their defense is playing out of their minds. Even the Green Bay game they did ok considering the offense couldnt get any drives going and the special teams let up a touchdown.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 12:09 AM)
Their defense is playing out of their minds. Even the Green Bay game they did ok considering the offense couldnt get any drives going and the special teams let up a touchdown.

Yeah, Bears defense is always deceiving too, that first half it didn't seem like they played well at all but Jags only scored 3 points.... 2nd half was just flat out dominating. They will never be the defense that just makes you think it is impossible to move the ball but can't expect much more. Hopefully bye week is what Urlacher needs to get back into dominating form.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 12:36 AM)
Yeah, Bears defense is always deceiving too, that first half it didn't seem like they played well at all but Jags only scored 3 points.... 2nd half was just flat out dominating. They will never be the defense that just makes you think it is impossible to move the ball but can't expect much more. Hopefully bye week is what Urlacher needs to get back into dominating form.

The d-line didn't get enough pressure in the first half. Gabbert got way too much time to throw. That's why it seemed like our defense was bad. But this is the Jags we're talking about here, which is probably why they didn't score more than 3.

Once Gabbert started getting pressured, he made stupid decisions and the secondary feasted on it. It all begins with the front 4 for the Bears, it's always been that way.

Do you guys think KC fans are animals for cheering when Cassel got laid out and hurt today?

KC fans caught some grief for booing Cano and his dad incessantly at the All-Star home run derby and they caught grief locally for booing Cassel mercilessly at the MLB All-Star celebrity softball game in which they also booed Bill Self out of the stadium.

So are KC fans animals or supressed or ?

QUOTE (greg775 @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 01:36 AM)
Do you guys think KC fans are animals for cheering when Cassel got laid out and hurt today?

KC fans caught some grief for booing Cano and his dad incessantly at the All-Star home run derby and they caught grief locally for booing Cassel mercilessly at the MLB All-Star celebrity softball game in which they also booed Bill Self out of the stadium.

So are KC fans animals or supressed or ?

Yes, I thought that was bulls***. You cheer a big hit. You don't cheer for the guy getting knocked out from the big hit. The audio clip from one of the KC players explaining his disgust over that is a good listen.

At some point in the third quarter Brandon Marshalls stats came up, 10 catches 99 yards. I remember thinking to myself "HOLY s***" and thinking that it didnt seem like he had that many catches. The guy is just an absolute machine.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 8, 2012 -> 10:26 AM)
At some point in the third quarter Brandon Marshalls stats came up, 10 catches 99 yards. I remember thinking to myself "HOLY s***" and thinking that it didnt seem like he had that many catches. The guy is just an absolute machine.

First Bears receiver with back-to-back 100 yard games since the great Marcus Robinson in 1999.