2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jay Cutler has been something of a front runner this year. His numbers when behind or tied are horrible when compared to his numbers when the team is leading.

BUT, its a brand new offense, with a brand new OC, and 2 brand new WR's so the timing is not down yet. Lots of room for improvement. Also, lets remember, it's only a 5 game sample size.

I'm very happy with Cutler's numbers, but we haven't really had many barnburners yet, either. He hasn't exactly led us on a bunch of Brady-esque winning drives.

Cutler was very good in the first game and very bad in the second game, but since then the defense has just destroyed everybody so the 4th quarter has been garbage time.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 11:41 AM)
Yeah, after the Texans getting blown out and the Ravens almost losing at home to Dallas, it's hard not to see the Bears as the 2nd best team in the league right now.

Plus, with the Ravens losing Webb to a torn ACL and maybe losing Ray Lewis for the year, they're about to fall off a good bit.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 12:11 PM)
My rankings for this week

1 Atlanta 6-0

2 Bears 4-1

3 Houston 5-1

4 Ravens 5-1

5 Giants 4-2

Being the only undefeated team kind of puts them at #1 by default, but considering that 4 of their first 6 games were vs. the AFC West, the Falcons will have to do a little more to impress me.

Being the only undefeated team kind of puts them at #1 by default, but considering that 4 of their first 6 games were vs. the AFC West, the Falcons will have to do a little more to impress me.

I agree. I almost made the Bears #1

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Oct 15, 2012 -> 02:20 PM)
Even though SF lost, I have still have them up higher than the Giants.

With Kaepernick starting, yes. Not with Smith. Smith throws a weak, soft ball. He is generally pretty accurate with it, but I just don't think he is as good as Kaepernick would be for that team.