2012-2013 NFL Thread

Andy Reid's son died of a heroin overdose. As if anyone's really surprised.

What's unfortunate is this quote from him when he had problems before...

"I don't want to die doing drugs," Garrett Reid told a judge, according to WPVI. "I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'ed and just faded into oblivion."

BTW, what's an "accidental" heroin overdose? As opposed to ODing on purpose? Seems like an unnecessary word.

Edited by IlliniKrush

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 11:25 PM)
Andy Reid's son died of a heroin overdose. As if anyone's really surprised.

What's unfortunate is this quote from him when he had problems before...

"I don't want to die doing drugs," Garrett Reid told a judge, according to WPVI. "I don't want to be that kid who was the son of the head coach of the Eagles, who was spoiled and on drugs and OD'ed and just faded into oblivion."

BTW, what's an "accidental" heroin overdose? As opposed to ODing on purpose? Seems like an unnecessary word.

Suicide

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Oct 18, 2012 -> 10:28 PM)
Jim Harbaugh point shaving?

He better watch his back, there could be some angry Vegas bettors coming after him.

If you look at the decision, it actually was the right move though. Much safer to just kneel twice rather then give the Seahawks a chance to get lucky onside kicking. (and potentially face an injury)

He better watch his back, there could be some angry Vegas bettors coming after him.

If you look at the decision, it actually was the right move though. Much safer to just kneel twice rather then give the Seahawks a chance to get lucky onside kicking. (and potentially face an injury)

I make about two football bets a year, but if I were to ever bet regularly, it would be on winning/losing and not on a point spread, and this is exactly why. Coaches coach games to win them, not to win them by x points. Jim Harbaugh's job is make decisions to give his team the best chance to win, not the best chance to cover.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 10:03 AM)
It was a real nice win last night.. The NFC West is the best conf..

It is competitive like other divisions but its not the best division. I'd still but the NFC East and NFC North over the NFC West.

It is competitive like other divisions but its not the best division. I'd still but the NFC East and NFC North over the NFC West.

I could see your point on the NFC North but not the NFC East.. The Eagles, Cowboys and Skins aren't that good.. The Skins are about a year away.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 09:56 AM)
The Cards could be 5-2 after this weekend. If the Rams win on sunday, every team in the NFC West will have a winning record.

Don't kid yourself, those teams suck, and, honestly, so do the Seahawks.

QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 11:18 AM)
I hope they do suck, it will be better for my 49ers but their records right now prove otherwise.

Looking at just the records isnt a good way to see if a team is good, especially after just 6 weeks.

Arizona has played 2 road games this year and they are 1-1. Seattle is 1-3 on the road and St Louis is 0-3. Any halfway decent team can win at home but the good teams find ways to win on the road.

Looking at teams who made the playoffs over the last 3 seasons:

2011---12/12 playoff teams finished .500 or better on the road

2010---9/12

2009--10/12

What I'm getting at is if you want to claim best division on football then you need to have more than just 1 legit playoff caliber team within that division. Now while I think Arizona isnt good, if they can win at Minnesota then you'd have to start looking at them as a threat to make the playoffs.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 06:30 PM)
lol, are you serious? How did you not know that...

Yes, prepare for a lot more throws to Devin Hester and Kellen Davis

I heard he may have hurt his hand, but never that it was broken.

Then again, I went on sports radio silence the past week or so for my sanity.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 19, 2012 -> 09:21 PM)
I heard he may have hurt his hand, but never that it was broken.

Then again, I went on sports radio silence the past week or so for my sanity.

The bears have never actually admitted its a broken hand, but it is being reported. I think the most Lovie has said is that he will miss some games. The bye came at a good time, it cuts two weeks out of his 4-6 week recovery timeframe