2012-2013 NFL Thread

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:34 AM)
I don't have much of a doubt that Suh did try to hurt Cutler. He ripped Cutler's helmet off last year. He also elbowed him in the head two years ago in Detroit.

Suh's not stupid. He seems like a pretty intelligible person when you hear him talk. Which is probably why he didn't go after Cutler when he had a shot at him early in the second half. That probably would have resulted in a fine or suspension.

But IMO, one of the worst parts of that sack was after the play, when Suh went over to check out Cutler on the ground. Suh didn't give two s***s about Cutler's well-being. He was trying to act like he didn't try to hurt Cutler on that play.

I have to call bulls*** on this - you have no idea what Suh was thinking.

If/when Peppers gets to the QB, I'd hope he took him down just like Suh did. The hit was perfectly legal, maybe now Jay will wear a flak jacket.

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)

If/when Peppers gets to the QB, I'd hope he took him down just like Suh did. The hit was perfectly legal, maybe now Jay will wear a flak jacket.

The elbow to the head could have been interpreted as a blow to the head which is against the rules. Jay should have turtled right away though.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 23, 2012 -> 11:49 AM)

Past history tells a lot.

It's not like Suh has owned up to his mistakes in the past. He's still the same player he was in the last few years and he has a history with Cutler and a history of trying to rip people's heads off.

I would not condone any other football player do what he does to anyone. At the least, it's borderline illegal. Correy Williams drove Cutler into the turf last year and got a 15 yard penalty for it. Suh's hit was much much worse considering a lot of the force was on the helmet.

Edited by chw42

Bears current NFL ranks:

1st in scoring defense at 13.0

1st in turnover differential at +13

1st in interceptions with 14

1st in opposing QB passer rating at 62.7

T-1st in least penalty yardage with 219 (Carolina)

2nd in point differential at +84 (Houston +88)

2nd in defensive rushing yards per game at 71.3 (San Diego 71.2)

2nd in opponent yards per passing attempt at 6.1 (San Francisco 5.9)

2nd in opponent average yardage per completion at 10.1 (Minnesota 10.0)

2nd in opponent punt return average at 4.6 (Dallas 3.4)

3rd in win pct. at .833 (Atlanta 1.000)

4th in opponents 3rd down conversion rate at 29.2% (Miami 25.8%)

T-5th in sacks with 21 (Green Bay 24)

6th in defense total yards per game at 299.3 (San Francisco 272.3)

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 22, 2012 -> 08:14 PM)
Very rarely passable and mostly horrific.

Some of those were coverage sacks. I actually thought the oline played pretty solid as a well, especially when you consider the talent the Lions have up-front.

Some of those were coverage sacks. I actually thought the oline played pretty solid as a well, especially when you consider the talent the Lions have up-front.

They're coverage sacks because a back and/or TE have to stay in to help the O-line block and there aren't a full complement of receivers running routes.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 24, 2012 -> 03:21 PM)
They're coverage sacks because a back and/or TE have to stay in to help the O-line block and there aren't a full complement of receivers running routes.

Given the pass rush of the Lions, I think that's acceptable.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 06:46 AM)
I guess if you think below average is acceptable, there's not much more I can say.

The talent overall level of our O-Line is below average, especially until Carimi gets his head out of his ass. That being said, the left side of the line has been playing well, I do think Garza needs to be replaced next season he definitely is losing a step plus he can't be making false starts while the Bears are backed up near their own endzone.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Oct 25, 2012 -> 06:46 AM)
I guess if you think below average is acceptable, there's not much more I can say.

Because that's what I said. For all I care, the Bears could have worst offensive line in history.

What I'm saying is that when you do have a below average offensive line going up against a good defensive line, leaving Evan Rodriguez, Kellen Davis, and/or Matt Spaeth in to block is not a bad thing. It's not as if they're running with John Kuhn or Rob Gronskowski at the positions.

Because that's what I said. For all I care, the Bears could have worst offensive line in history.

What I'm saying is that when you do have a below average offensive line going up against a good defensive line, leaving Evan Rodriguez, Kellen Davis, and/or Matt Spaeth in to block is not a bad thing. It's not as if they're running with John Kuhn or Rob Gronskowski at the positions.

And I'm saying that the below average offensive line caused the sack, because a good offensive line wouldn't have needed the extra help and there would have been 2 more receivers in the pattern.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 01:42 PM)
regardless of the OL, cutler has been terrible protecting the ball.

Yes, and he probably could have avoided a couple of sacks. Both have been terrible in the first half. If Cutler is hurt then he needs to be pulled. This is Grossmanesque.