2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:18 PM)
Bears lose. They just came out and played like s***.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
Way to cap this tragedy of a game

QUOTE (chw42 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
That's game. Just awful. It killed any kind of momentum the Bears got from the previous series.

:P

What an absolutely strange strategy to completely go away from Hester, especially considering his current season

It was ugly, but a W is a W

I figured Dez Bryant had about a 10% chance of catching that wide open bomb Romo just threw him. It looked to much like a punt return catch for me to have confidence in him making that reception. But I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Tony needs to just go back in forth between Witten and Austin, and go down by only 9 going in to halftime.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 04:11 PM)
With the way he was running, for Forte to only have 15 carries is a joke.

Forte was getting 7-8 yard runs and Tice would always start throwing the ball after Forte single-handedly got the team a first down.

What's worse is that the run blocking was great in the majority of the first half and the pass blocking sucked ass. Yet, Tice still passed the ball more.

Then the Panthers smartened up in the second half and Forte couldn't get anything.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 04:48 PM)
I figured Dez Bryant had about a 10% chance of catching that wide open bomb Romo just threw him. It looked to much like a punt return catch for me to have confidence in him making that reception. But I guess even a blind squirrel finds a nut every once in a while. Tony needs to just go back in forth between Witten and Austin, and go down by only 9 going in to halftime.

My first thought when I saw it floating to him was how you'd react if it went right thru him incomplete.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 04:45 PM)
:P

What an absolutely strange strategy to completely go away from Hester, especially considering his current season

It was ugly, but a W is a W

That was the dumbest s*** I've ever seen. Give a struggling offense the ball at the 40 all game...

Makes so much sense.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 05:53 PM)
My first thought when I saw it floating to him was how you'd react if it went right thru him incomplete.

My initial thought when I saw Tony rearing up for a huge throw was "Oh s***, how can this turn out badly?", and then they showed Dez Bryant all alone turning around to catch it, and then I thought "Oh, that's how."

As much as I clearly hate Dez Bryant, I can't fault him for that. The outside of his glove touching the boundary line negates an incredible play? That's such bulls***. Giants fans better not take pride in this victory. I'm not saying it was the wrong call, but it's ridiculous that something so insignificant can lose you a game.

EDIT: I expected the final play of the game to be a catch by Austin where his shoelace touched the white line, and they rule it no catch and game over.

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

Well, if the Bears can come out and play well and beat Tennessee next week, this game probably served a purpose...get the trap game out of the way and actually come out with a win.

Need to get to 7-1 before this stretch against Houston, San Fran, Minny, Seattle, Minny, Green Bay...then come out of that 10-4 at worst...

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)
As much as I clearly hate Dez Bryant, I can't fault him for that. The outside of his glove touching the boundary line negates an incredible play? That's such bulls***. Giants fans better not take pride in this victory. I'm not saying it was the wrong call, but it's ridiculous that something so insignificant can lose you a game.

EDIT: I expected the final play of the game to be a catch by Austin where his shoelace touched the white line, and they rule it no catch and game over.

Yeah, out of bounds shouldn't count if its a great play

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 07:36 PM)
The Giants looked godawful, especially their secondary. They gave up 437 yards to Romo. They were so, so bad...

Romo always gets a lot of yards. Unfortunately for him, the Cowboys and Cowboys fans, those yards come with turnovers

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 07:08 PM)

Huh? He was out of bounds, its pretty cut and dry.

I plan on going to the Bears game next week since Nashville is only 3.5 hours away and I've got plenty of friends up there to stay with. Pretty excited. The Titans fans support their team really well, but hopefully we'll have a strong Bears contingent like at the Dallas/Jacksonville games.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Oct 28, 2012 -> 08:39 PM)
I plan on going to the Bears game next week since Nashville is only 3.5 hours away and I've got plenty of friends up there to stay with. Pretty excited. The Titans fans support their team really well, but hopefully we'll have a strong Bears contingent like at the Dallas/Jacksonville games.

ooo, good idea. I might see what tix would run me as well