2012-2013 NFL Thread

• Replies 8.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:31 PM)
I post in all the same game threads as you. I've never seen you say anything positive. Try it -- don't be a regular Chicago fan, actually acknowledge that not all things boil down to "player/coach/team X sucks"

Never ok............If you are so offended Jakey skip my post.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:35 PM)
Our offensive coordinators are f***ing ridiculous.

Let's just let Jay call the plays.

I don't even know what else to say. I've never seen another team have this much trouble with wasting timeouts b/c they can't get the playcall in.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 01:58 PM)
I've completely dismissed the "Lovie needs to be fired" sentiment until this game. But I think it seriously needs to be considered. The defense is old, ineffective. The offense is as bad and inconsistent as they've always been during Lovie's tenure. ST has somehow regressed. And in general, the team looks sloppy, unfocused, and lacking a sense of urgency. Stupid penalties. I could go on and on.

All has to do with the players and front office. The good players have gotten old. Cutler has never had a chance because he's never had an O-Line and it has gotten progressively worse. People wanted to blame Martz, but you can't make Lemonade when all you have is s***. The defense is old and ineffective - that's not on Lovie. It's on the front office or Marinelli moreso. I mean, you guys want to praise Marinelli when the defense got good again, but didn't want to give Lovie the credit. Now you're back to blaming him for it getting old. ST has regressed - Again another FO thing.

If the Bears fire Lovie, I guarantee some team will snatch him up right away. Hopefully it's my Cowboys.

QUOTE (dasox24 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 03:43 PM)
WHAT!!!??? He took no extra steps before hitting Rodgers. That's such a bulls*** call.

I've said this one a few dozen times.

A few penalties need to be reviewable. Late hits, personal fouls, pass interference.

QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Dec 16, 2012 -> 02:44 PM)
All has to do with the players and front office. The good players have gotten old. Cutler has never had a chance because he's never had an O-Line and it has gotten progressively worse. People wanted to blame Martz, but you can't make Lemonade when all you have is s***. The defense is old and ineffective - that's not on Lovie. It's on the front office or Marinelli moreso. I mean, you guys want to praise Marinelli when the defense got good again, but didn't want to give Lovie the credit. Now you're back to blaming him for it getting old. ST has regressed - Again another FO thing.

If the Bears fire Lovie, I guarantee some team will snatch him up right away. Hopefully it's my Cowboys.

The defense hasn't been bad. Not today and not this season.