Alex Rios

rowand's rowdies

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 02:41 AM)
Greg, are you considering adding RIOS to your "protected" list because they get picked on so much?

Once I saw a wild Rios tending to it's fawn. This was near a mountain stream in the Smokies. Almost had a tear in my eye when 100 steps away from that heartwarming scene there was a heavily used logging road and pollution. Absolutely needs to be protected.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Swingandalongonetoleft @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 12:43 PM)
Once I saw a wild Rios tending to it's fawn. This was near a mountain stream in the Smokies. Almost had a tear in my eye when 100 steps away from that heartwarming scene there was a heavily used logging road and pollution. Absolutely needs to be protected.

Do you smoke weed? :lol:

You've been posting here a while, and only recently have I noticed you posting these odd, funny things.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 02:26 PM)
I think my all-time least favorite Sox player is Mike Squires. How does a guy with a .318 career SLG get to play nearly 700 games at 1B?? That's a lower career SLG than Ozzie.

Squires was a great guy. How often do you left handed throwers play short and third. It was hilarious.

So you have a terrible year at the plate...what should I do to fix my swing....i know, I'll play golf! Just what we needed more lazy fly balls from Rios. And how terrible is it that he cant even improve his game, the athlete he is, to a decent level after playing for 2 months? 126 is an average of 7 per hole.

If you heard the golf was replacing some other negative things, you'd be all for it.

Lets not pretend to know everyone's personal life, motives. We're all just making guesses at that sort of thing. Ultimately it's pointless.

Alex Rios is the same person he was in 2010 when he went 20-30 and hit over .300 with RISP. He's also a wildly inconsistent player with a fragile state of mind who brought his horrible offensive season into the outfield with him.

He's always going to be the same person. If he has a similar year this year to 2010, he'll still be Alex Rios. You can hate him for his inconsistencies, but his personality or him taking up golf should have nothing to do with it.

Edited by Butter Parque

QUOTE (pcullotta @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 03:38 PM)
Brian Anderson. The most disappointing White Sox player ever to me. Beckham and Dunn could take that spot over though.

Is he still trying to be a pitcher for some team?

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 05:22 AM)
How did this thread come up and no one mentioned Darin Erstad?

Grinderstad was the best worst part of 2007! I own his jersey shirt and play his drinking game every now and then (playing on loop the clip where he loses the ball in the lights @ LAA and puts his arms out. "AND IT DROPS BEHIND HIM!" drinking every time the ball drops behind him).

f*** Alex Rios. I might buy an Adam Dunn jersey from some Chinese bootleg site for the irony/hope he remembers how to bat. But f***. Alex. Rios.

I need baseball.

QUOTE (ROC Sox Fan @ Feb 29, 2012 -> 09:23 PM)
Grinderstad was the best worst part of 2007! I own his jersey shirt and play his drinking game every now and then (playing on loop the clip where he loses the ball in the lights @ LAA and puts his arms out. "AND IT DROPS BEHIND HIM!" drinking every time the ball drops behind him).

f*** Alex Rios. I might buy an Adam Dunn jersey from some Chinese bootleg site for the irony/hope he remembers how to bat. But f***. Alex. Rios.

I need baseball.

That photo was my wallpaper for a good year and a half.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 01:15 AM)
Absolutely, and without question, Juan Uribe.

Whatever it was, that guy was always on my nerves.

I was much angrier then though.

*shrugs*

This has to be Juan Uribe post-2005, right? When he gained weight?

Uribe was one of my favorites the last decade, if not THE favorite.

For me, Brian Anderson would always be up there, because of his attitude and how he seemingly wasted so many chances.

Chris Snopek, lol? Well, he just sucked, basically.

Koch also has to be up there, but you kind of just felt sorry for him because he was left with a 92-94 MPH straight fastball compared to the upper 90's stuff he previously featured.

Reading the responses, it seems like there are two trains of thought when it comes to the least favorite/most hated player. On one hand you have someone who's just been a dissapointment and contributed nothing. On the other hand you have someone who just comes off as an asshole no matter what type of contribution.

It would be easy to say Dunn, Rios, or Peavy (that's for you greg) because they have been big dissapointments so far. Of those three, only Rios comes off as being any sort of asshole, mainly because it seems like he doesn't care. I personally couldn't say Dunn or Peavy have been my least favorites. Rios...maybe.

If you're talking about biggest dissapointments, how about Todd Ritchie, Billy Koch, David Wells, Swisher, Teahen...

Now if you're talking about assholes, I can't think of many. But since I've been a Sox fan I'd say Wells, Paniagua, the second coming of Colon...

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 06:16 AM)
Reading the responses, it seems like there are two trains of thought when it comes to the least favorite/most hated player. On one hand you have someone who's just been a dissapointment and contributed nothing. On the other hand you have someone who just comes off as an asshole no matter what type of contribution.

It would be easy to say Dunn, Rios, or Peavy (that's for you greg) because they have been big dissapointments so far. Of those three, only Rios comes off as being any sort of asshole, mainly because it seems like he doesn't care. I personally couldn't say Dunn or Peavy have been my least favorites. Rios...maybe.

If you're talking about biggest dissapointments, how about Todd Ritchie, Billy Koch, David Wells, Swisher, Teahen...

Now if you're talking about assholes, I can't think of many. But since I've been a Sox fan I'd say Wells, Paniagua, the second coming of Colon...

Or you can get both in Jaime Navarro. A guy who sucked, had a big contract, and blamed his teammates for his suckiness.

Todd Ritchie. I hated that trade from day one and his performance in Chicago only compounded that feeling.

I appreciate Todd Ritchie because he was a primary contributor to the most significant baseball record I've ever witnessed in person.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores...id=200207020CHA

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 1, 2012 -> 08:45 AM)
I appreciate Todd Ritchie because he was a primary contributor to the most significant baseball record I've ever witnessed in person.

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/box-scores...id=200207020CHA

What am I missing?

edit: Just noticed how many home runs were hit. Nice work Todd.

Edited by LittleHurt05