The Miami Marlins thread

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
Greg...I don't make personal attacks, but you are the stupidest person in the history of the internet. I can't even fathom this and its posts like this that really prove the fact that you are either (a) that stupid or (b) the biggest troll in the history of Soxtalk.

what-boom.gif

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
who got knocked out, me or chisox? it seems to me he snapped and will prolly be headed to the penalty box.

How long will it take for greg to realize who Chisoxfn is....

Which actually only backs up Jason's statement, since greg has been here what, close to a decade? And yet he still doesn't know.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 04:43 PM)
who got knocked out, me or chisox? it seems to me he snapped and will prolly be headed to the penalty box.

It would be interesting to see if the site owner would ban himself.

I will file this under "greg775 predictions" behind:

Ozzie will win lots of world series

Ozzie will win NL manager of the year in 2012

Ozzie will get a manager job as soon as he is fired from the Marlins.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 04:57 PM)

Which actually only backs up Jason's statement, since greg has been here what, close to a decade? And yet he still doesn't know.

Jason won a world series while owner of this site, so I would think he would get the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 05:15 PM)
He is the only site owner to ever win a WS in Chicago. Amazing.

You really can't overestimate how he kept all the posters loose that year, and deflected criticism to himself. And the "tough love" approach he took with inexperienced posters was invaluable.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:22 PM)
You really can't overestimate how he kept all the posters loose that year, and deflected criticism to himself. And the "tough love" approach he took with inexperienced posters was invaluable.

I'm the rookie who survived!

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 10:57 PM)

If he's the owner, then it's pretty crazy to think my defense of Ozzie would elicit such a venomous response. All I'm doing is stating my defense of Ozzie. It's not like I'm starting threads saying Ozzie this and Ozzie that and I wish Ozzie was still here.

You guys think Ozzie quit on the team whatever that means. I say the Sox didn't want him and he sped up the process by negotiating the final week or whenever. If the Sox wanted Ozzie Guillen and made it known they wanted Oz through thick and thin, he'd still be here.

Also, who cares if he's playing on the internet before games instead of scouring advanced stats. What did Earl Weaver do back in the day w/no internet or Tommy Lasorda? They played grabass with the media I'm sure or played cards. Who cares? A manager brings the intangibles and semblance of strategy DURING games.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
If he's the owner, then it's pretty crazy to think my defense of Ozzie would elicit such a venomous response. All I'm doing is stating my defense of Ozzie. It's not like I'm starting threads saying Ozzie this and Ozzie that and I wish Ozzie was still here.

You guys think Ozzie quit on the team whatever that means. I say the Sox didn't want him and he sped up the process by negotiating the final week or whenever. If the Sox wanted Ozzie Guillen and made it known they wanted Oz through thick and thin, he'd still be here.

But if the Sox expected Ozzie Guillen to fulfill his contract with future commitments based on his performance, he'd darn well start negotiating with another team.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)

Also, who cares if he's playing on the internet before games instead of scouring advanced stats. What did Earl Weaver do back in the day w/no internet or Tommy Lasorda? They played grabass with the media I'm sure or played cards. Who cares? A manager brings the intangibles and semblance of strategy DURING games.

There is no "if", greg. He IS the owner. And for as long as you have been a part of this site it is truly amazing that you don't know that.

I wonder what Greg will have to do when Ozzie gets canned?

Defend his broadcasting abilities?

There will still be Dee Weezey, Pierre, Pods, a few relics of 2005 still left.....Buehrle, of course. Jenks seems to be history.

Then he'll be left with only comparing what Ozzie would have done versus Ventura in the games that the Sox lose, perhaps. Second-guessing.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 07:45 PM)

If demanding a new contract in the middle of September and willingly negotiating with another team during September isn't quitting on the Sox, what is? Did he literally have to not show up to the park? I suppose that would've been Kenny's fault, or the gas prices were too high at the time.

And please, NEVER use Ozzie in the same paragraph as Earl Weaver and Tommy Lasorda, unless you're listing reasons about how different they are as managers, as in, "Ozzie is dogs*** compared to Lasorda and Weaver."

Please get over yourself. I'm 24 posts in and you annoy me already. There's a reason Ozzie was a .525 manager with the Sox and his current team sucks, but I suppose that's Miami management's fault. Getting Reyes, Buehrle, and Bell was horrible. RIIIIGHT.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 26, 2012 -> 09:58 PM)
I still think his account got hacked.

No, it didn't. He just doesn't like you.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 11:48 AM)
If demanding a new contract in the middle of September and willingly negotiating with another team during September isn't quitting on the Sox, what is? Did he literally have to not show up to the park? I suppose that would've been Kenny's fault, or the gas prices were too high at the time.

Yes, so WHAT exactly was Ozzie's fault or responsibility in the final week of 2011 fiasco? ANYTHING?

We should all have guaranteed multi-year contracts going forward past our current salary year or we can refuse to perform our stated duties?

Sounds reasonable, especially when your teams have made it to the playoffs just once in the previous 6 years, and many of those teams with $100+ million payrolls. Well, that's not Ozzie's fault, bad players, bad GM, fire KW. 2005=good managing, good players, Ozzie is God.

All the blame probably lies with JR, KW and Don Cooper, the new "axis of evil."