2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Aug 18, 2012 -> 09:21 AM)
That's too bad. Usually pitchers who throw perfect games aren't the same after each start for a while.

You know, in this case I am willing to accept that the Sox will not face King Felix.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somebody was saying Youk was hitting under .200 in the last 30 games?? Wonder where he'll be playing next year. Who's gonna pay the freight? It won't be the White Sox. We'll be back to Morel and pray for no back injury.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:01 AM)
So the dumbass that jumped in the fountain after Dunn's 400th homer got arrested and had to give up the ball.

Arresting him is a little much. Kicking him out, I would understand.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:43 AM)
That is what would have happened if he had jumped on the field.

Good thing he didn't do THAT.

I maybe alone but jumping into a fountain, out of play, to retrieve a #400 HR ball does not equal running on the field.

QUOTE (kapkomet @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 09:30 AM)
Why is it we seem to always suck against KC? Just wondering.

Just the randomness of baseball? Some teams just seem to have your number or match up better? Just like some batters crush certain pitchers and can't hit others. I don't think it has anything to do with effort, I don't think the Sox are lacking for motivation this weekend.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 03:54 PM)
Mark Gonzales ‏@MDGonzales

From the Sox's game notes: Sox will try to avoid being swept for the second time this season (July 20-22 at Detroit).

Sox lead majors with 31 HRs in August. Only 8-9 in last 17 games vs. AL Central

We have to do better against the Central division foes for sure

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Aug 19, 2012 -> 11:39 AM)
We have to do better against the Central division foes for sure

4-7 vs. Tigers

4-8 vs. Royals

9-3 vs. Twins

8-4 vs. Indians

Really, we just have to do better against Detroit and KC. I can understand the paltry record against Detroit, they are a good team. But letting the AL's third-worst team beat us silly like they do is unacceptable.

I think it's also fair to say there are no truly awful American League teams this year. Even the Twins have had stretches of playing pretty good. The Mariners are gaining on .500. The Indians had a good first half. The Red Sox and Blue Jays are under .500, but have had injury problems.

It's tough to beat anyone in the AL on any given day, so it's just a matter of playing good baseball day in and day out, and letting the talent win out in the end.

Left is all right: Before losing Saturday to Bruce Chen, the Sox were 10-4 in games against left-handed starters since July 1.

Some of their improvement has been credited to the hiring of left-handed batting practice pitcher Mike Kashirsky for home games to assist left-hander and bullpen coach Juan Nieves.

"It's important to have left-handed BP pitchers, just to create that feel before you go into a game, so your vision is set," hitting coach Jeff Manto said.

No one ever thought of that before?