2012 White Sox Catch-All thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 13, 2012 -> 06:50 PM)
I saw he was in the hospital earlier today. Any idea what is wrong?

espn.go.com/blog/chicago/white-sox/post/_/id/9276/source-ex-sox-pitcher-hickey-in-coma

Weird story. He is an insulin dependent diabetic and he was found unresponsive in his hotel room, but his vital signs are fine.

Yep, only six teams in the majors have a better record. And we're 2-2 against arguably the two best teams in the American League...all while setting a pace for the most strikeouts in American League history.

"We're not here to dictate what his managerial style should be," Williams said. "So far, what I've seen is an aggressive, intelligent approach to making his decisions. That's all you can ask.

"He's got such a strong presence but a humbleness about him. (Combine) that with the confidence you just don't find very often ... and when you are like that and not pushing people away with their opinions, you are going to get the (best) of their knowledge."

Ventura joined Guillen, Jerry Manuel, Terry Bevington and Gene Lamont in winning his first home game as Sox manager. And how did he plan to celebrate?

With a quiet meal with family.

chicagotribune.com/sports

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 04:58 AM)
Yep, only six teams in the majors have a better record. And we're 2-2 against arguably the two best teams in the American League...all while setting a pace for the most strikeouts in American League history.

"We're not here to dictate what his managerial style should be," Williams said. "So far, what I've seen is an aggressive, intelligent approach to making his decisions. That's all you can ask.

"He's got such a strong presence but a humbleness about him. (Combine) that with the confidence you just don't find very often ... and when you are like that and not pushing people away with their opinions, you are going to get the (best) of their knowledge."

Ventura joined Guillen, Jerry Manuel, Terry Bevington and Gene Lamont in winning his first home game as Sox manager. And how did he plan to celebrate?

With a quiet meal with family.

chicagotribune.com/sports

As far as strikeouts (not sure if yesterdays game was counted) We were tied for 3rd (Red Sox, Blue Jays) with 57, and ahead of us Mariners 59Ks and A's 64Ks

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 12:53 PM)
The #WhiteSox-Cleveland game on 4/10 has been rescheduled for 5/7 as part of a day-night doubleheader.

First game starts at 12:05PM CDT, second game at 6:05PM CDT.

Considering what we saw Wednesday, I doubt there will be more than 7,500 people at the first game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 03:52 PM)
Vin Scully narrating a commercial for Jackie Robinson day, listing ballplayers by name and saying "Before...." leading up to Jackie. One of them is "Before Frank".

Before Carl (Everett)...

Before Jerry (Owens)...

Before Dewayne (Wise)...

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 05:01 PM)
Bit of a baseball newb but is it just me or is 20/1 really good value for the White Sox to win the AL Central?

Better bet now than it would have been about a month ago, but I still wouldn't put more than a few bucks on it.

And welcome aboard! :gosoxretro:

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 04:17 PM)
Better bet now than it would have been about a month ago, but I still wouldn't put more than a few bucks on it.

And welcome aboard! :gosoxretro:

Cheers!

Getting into baseball now, shame I can't get many White Sox games in Ireland. MLB Gameday will have to do!

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 06:27 PM)
Cheers!

Getting into baseball now, shame I can't get many White Sox games in Ireland. MLB Gameday will have to do!

Why stop at Gameday? MLB.tv is where it's at! Well worth $120/year for us out-of-towners!

Also, quite glad you picked the Sox out of all the baseball teams you could have chosen. You won't regret it! Or maybe you will. But probably not.

QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Apr 14, 2012 -> 05:49 PM)
Why stop at Gameday? MLB.tv is where it's at! Well worth $120/year for us out-of-towners!

Also, quite glad you picked the Sox out of all the baseball teams you could have chosen. You won't regret it! Or maybe you will. But probably not.

Dodgers 8-1

Rangers 7-2

Nacionales 7-2

Mets 6-2

Calcetines Blancos (White Sox) 5-2

D-Backs 5-2 (leading now 5-4 against Rockies)

Cardinales 6-3

I know in my situation, the video feed just doesn't work well enough where I live in China, because my laptop's on the same phone line/network as everyone in our school and there's so much traffic during the schoolweek or in the mornings when most of the games are on...typically 7-8-9-10 a.m.

It's okay on the weekends for me to watch day games...or any games from about 1 a.m - 7 a.m.

But I'll always keep GAMEDAY AUDIO, that's best bargain in sports, and you can listen to every team and every set of announcers. Maybe it reminds me of the 1980's when I would listen to all the White Sox games on WMAQ (such a strong signal at night from Chicago, all the way to Iowa and beyond) and then the Cardinals games with Buck and Shannon through KMOX or a local affiliate on the Cardinals network.

Before the Rockies, Royals, Astros, Rangers and Braves, the Cardinals were the team of everyone in the Deep South, Texas and near west/Rocky Mountains.

Edited by caulfield12