5/9/12 Sox vs Tribe DON'T STOP NOW BOYS

Jake

JFP

297451783_da2ec588d9.jpg

vs this asshole

Jeanmar%20Gomez%20Cleveland%20Indians%20

No lineups yet, but who gives a s*** because Peavy shuts 'em out EVERYTIME.

KEEP THE STREAK (of 1) ALIVE

Edited by Jake

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully last night's dramatic win will spark a run.

:gosoxretro:

I usually don't drink until the weekend, but if the Sox have the lead in the 4th inning, it's :drink time.

Why the 4th? Because I should be home from my son's baseball game by that time.

Edited by pittshoganerkoff

Amazing to think that, as bad as this team has looked in this series, a win here means they split 4 games on the road against the 1st place team. That after winning both of 2 there in April.

Looking forward to seeing some KC and MIN teams this month for the Sox to get going against, hopefully.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:02 PM)
De Aza cf

Beckham 2b

Dunn dh

Konerko 1b

Pierzynski c

Rios rf

Ramirez ss

Viciedo lf

Morel 3b

Off day tomorrow. Maybe Morel's last game if he goes 0-4?

Lillibridge isn't doing much better with the bat, and Morel plays excellent defense. Escobar probably not ready, it isn't his normal position, and his .666 minor league OPS is way below what Brent put up. Morel will play for a while longer, unless the Sox make a trade, or he does so badly for most of the season that they go Dallas McPherson or something.

Basically, there are no good options.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 9, 2012 -> 03:11 PM)
Lillibridge isn't doing much better with the bat, and Morel plays excellent defense. Escobar probably not ready, it isn't his normal position, and his .666 minor league OPS is way below what Brent put up. Morel will play for a while longer, unless the Sox make a trade, or he does so badly for most of the season that they go Dallas McPherson or something.

Basically, there are no good options.

I don't know when you do it, but at some point you have to try giving Morel a chance to get comfortable hitting AAA pitching again.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:14 PM)
I don't know when you do it, but at some point you have to try giving Morel a chance to get comfortable hitting AAA pitching again.

You think that would do it? I honestly don't know. It seems like his approach right now looks like his 2011 approach from April to July. He looks different up there than he did in August-September of last year. That seems mental to me, I don't think that its about not being able to hit major league pitching.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 9, 2012 -> 03:18 PM)
You think that would do it? I honestly don't know. It seems like his approach right now looks like his 2011 approach from April to July. He looks different up there than he did in August-September of last year. That seems mental to me, I don't think that its about not being able to hit major league pitching.

His approach right now looks nothing like the April to July approach. You can tell that from the strikeouts. Brent Morel is not supposed to be a strikeout machine. Last year, April to July, he struck out 27 times. This year, he has struck out 33 times.

Morel turned the strikeouts up last year when he started swinging more aggressively and focusing less on making contact. This year, he's neither putting an aggressive swing on the ball (August/September) nor is he making weak contact (April to July).

I can't figure out what the deal is, I don't even have a guess. He's stopped making solid contact but kept the strikeouts. That seems like a particularly bad combination. I don't know if a stint at Charlotte will help or if keeping him with Manto will help, but at some point, the manager and GM have to make that call, and the clock has to be ticking.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 9, 2012 -> 02:27 PM)
His approach right now looks nothing like the April to July approach. You can tell that from the strikeouts. Brent Morel is not supposed to be a strikeout machine. Last year, April to July, he struck out 27 times. This year, he has struck out 33 times.

Morel turned the strikeouts up last year when he started swinging more aggressively and focusing less on making contact. This year, he's neither putting an aggressive swing on the ball (August/September) nor is he making weak contact (April to July).

I can't figure out what the deal is, I don't even have a guess. He's stopped making solid contact but kept the strikeouts. That seems like a particularly bad combination. I don't know if a stint at Charlotte will help or if keeping him with Manto will help, but at some point, the manager and GM have to make that call, and the clock has to be ticking.

I didn't say numbers, I said approach. He looks tenative and in-between to me, which is what he looked like early last year.

I don't honestly know why that approach resulted in high contact but low power and average last year, but now results in more strikeouts. Maybe the league's pitchers adjusted to him.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 9, 2012 -> 05:07 PM)
I really wish we had a better reserve infielder to use against RHP. Escobar has no business on the major league roster.

Spot on. Morel and Beckham are supposed to be the talented ones; that says it all about Mr. Escobar.