Blue Jays @ White Sox

Heads22

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Cooper seem to imply earlier that we might go to a 6-man when Danks comes back.

Tough call on this. Usually you'd disagree with it, but the Sox do need to get more rest for their two best starters. I do think the Sox have to take a long look at Humber's future in the rotation. As I just noted, he's arguably the worst starter in the AL now. If you want to contend, you can't give him too much more rope.

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
No, you're piling on with the world s ending pessimistic attitude that people seem to take in these game threads.

The world isnt ending and this teams season isnt over. Thats pretty damn clear.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
If lighting it up is a barely sub 5 ERA in a traditional pitcher's league, when you're playing 50% of your home games in a huge ballpark....haha.

It was sarcasm caulfield :)

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:41 PM)
The world isnt ending and this teams season isnt over. Thats pretty damn clear.

I'm not sure it is.

The Blue Jays are suddenly unbeatable and we are conceding this as well as one other game already.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
I'm not sure it is.

The Blue Jays are suddenly unbeatable and we are conceding this as well as one other game already.

They arent unbeatable. We dont have a good record against them and are sucking right now. Two guys who are pitching like crap right now are Floyd and Humber. Humber pitched like garbage today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 06:33 PM)
Humber's just getting destroyed at the Cell this year. I wouldn't be opposed to Quintana getting some of his starts after Danks returns.

3 of his last 4 games (entering this start), he gave up 2 earned or less. I think you guys are overreacting. He got hit hard a bit after his perfect game (and he's not the 1st pitcher in the history of the game to struggle after throwing a no-hitter or perfecto). His stuff looks fine. You could tell he was just flat out off tonight.

I blame it for many things. Even the pirates off the coast of Somalia.

If anything, the number of people botching it and saying "CuHumber" instead of "CucHumber" is why he is struggling. Nothing jinxes a player like spelling his nickname wrong

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 5, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
They arent unbeatable. We dont have a good record against them and are sucking right now. Two guys who are pitching like crap right now are Floyd and Humber. Humber pitched like garbage today.

That and you just have no idea what you're going to get out of Quintana.

On the plus side, the advantage in those match-ups (at least for the first couple of at-bats) usually goes to the pitcher.

If Quintana was pitching against us over the last decade....no-name/minor league call-up, lefty, without great stuff but more of a control guy, we'd be chalking it up as a loss already.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 01:46 AM)
3 of his last 4 games (entering this start), he gave up 2 earned or less. I think you guys are overreacting. He got hit hard a bit after his perfect game (and he's not the 1st pitcher in the history of the game to struggle after throwing a no-hitter or perfecto). His stuff looks fine. You could tell he was just flat out off tonight.

I respectfully disagree. He got away with a lot of bad pitches/hard hit balls early in the game against a terrible Tampa lineup, but thankfully he sharpened up after the Sox got to Shields. He got torched by the Twins in the start prior to that. He seemed to be throwing his change-up a lot tonight, and that's usually his #3 pitch.