GT: Sox vs. Other Chicago Team @ 7:10 CT (CSN)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 04:19 AM)
I avoided this one like the bubonic plague...well, actually, I had to get a health exam so lucky I missed it.

Fathom's point is a good one.

We knew a couple of days ago they were going to move Sale back and use Stewart, we should have played the entire bench AND started Stewart on Sunday...get all the bad news out of the way in one game.

Essentially, we just gave up 2 of the last 3 games...it's not like we're in a pennant race or anything.

That Dodgers' series is going to have a hangover effect, it looks like. We'll find out for sure tomorrow when we start the game with at least a decent chance to win the game.

Nice to see in the Tribune that Kenny seemed to question Ventura's decision making on Sunday. No reason not to win at least one of the next two, especially with Dempster out on Wednesday.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 04:23 AM)
If we had just kept Juan Uribe after 2008....

Basically every major decision the organization had made since 2008 has been the wrong one (besides drafting Sale and extending Konerko), it's easier if you just sum it up by saying that.

I don't think the organization was thinking about signing a FA backup 3B since we weren't supposed to contend and there were no particular reasons to think Morel would get hurt, excepting some kind of curse on White Sox third basemen.

Moving Dayan to third was certainly worth talking about and not necessarily worth doing, though I'm curious what informed the coaching staff that he can't do it since so few of them ever saw him play there at any level (Manto perhaps the most)

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
Zach Stewart's FIP today: 11.36.

It's hard to have an FIP that high if you're a starter, even in a single game.

For me this was the worst game of the year. look at their lineup. That lineup looks worse than Seattle. And they got 12 runs and I lost track of the numbers of hrs they hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 03:26 AM)
Nice to see in the Tribune that Kenny seemed to question Ventura's decision making on Sunday. No reason not to win at least one of the next two, especially with Dempster out on Wednesday.

I hope Ventura calls out KW in the press as well. This move of starting Stewart tonight has KW written all over it.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
If we had just kept Juan Uribe after 2008....

1) We never would have had to move Beckham to 3B

2) We never would have traded for Mark Teahen, nor extended him

3) We never would have had to give away Edwin Jackson for virtually nothing just to dump Teahen's salary

4) We'd AT LEAST be getting above average defense and inconsistent offense from him...and I think Juan being around Allen Thomas and Hermie more, he wouldn't have gained quite so much weight as he has with the Giants and Dodgers

Maybe you can argue that KW wouldn't have felt the pressing need to sign Viciedo and project him at 3B, but most reasonable observers always believed Dayan's bat would be his plus tool and were never convinced he could stick anywhere in the infield except for 3B.

That's Kenny's MO. If a player lacks instinct on defense somehow it will be fixed at the minor league level.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 18, 2012 -> 11:50 PM)
Zach Stewart's FIP today: 11.36.

It's hard to have an FIP that high if you're a starter, even in a single game.

He isn't a starter, he's a long reliever/spot starter. I'm sure the Sox know he isn't ready but we have no other options.

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 19, 2012 -> 06:32 AM)
He isn't a starter, he's a long reliever/spot starter. I'm sure the Sox know he isn't ready but we have no other options.

He'll never be ready. Zach Stewart can't pitch.