2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:25 PM)
#TheReturn

But seriously, I'm sure there are some moronic T'Wolves fans out there.

There certainly are. There are none of them saying the Wolves have a chance at the title however, which is equivalent to what he just posted.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:27 PM)
There certainly are. There are none of them saying the Wolves have a chance at the title however, which is equivalent to what he just posted.

If Rose came back like Adrian Peterson is coming back, they could have a chance at the title. That means...100%...and overcoming not having homecourt...and having the rest of his team stay healthy.

QUOTE (Felix @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:27 PM)

Yeah, it was kind of wacky. The Bulls with a 100% D-Rose in the middle of an insane season and a better supporting cast in 10/11 couldn't do it - they aren't doing it this year.

To me, this season is all about evaluating #TheReturn. That's really the only thing that matters. I've predicted Derrick return on 01/28, and from then it will be scouting him and seeing how he looks and if he'll be a beast next season.

No one should be thinking title this year.

Yeah, it was kind of wacky. The Bulls with a 100% D-Rose in the middle of an insane season and a better supporting cast in 10/11 couldn't do it - they aren't doing it this year.

not sure about better supporting cast. More cohesive, surely.

Edited by RZZZA

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:29 PM)

Might have been a better bench, but not sure on the "Better supporting cast" point overall...if somehow people could stay healthy.

Which just won't happen, particularly with the coach running Noah and Deng into the ground.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:31 PM)
Jesus Christ, didn't we already go through this player by player and make you look silly like two weeks ago?

Noah is playing better (10/11 he was really not that great after the first month when he got hurt), Boozer was useless in those playoffs because of injury, and Hamilton might be a nice contributor if he was ever around.

Bench has been downgraded clearly, but the rotation pieces could be better.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)
Noah is playing better (10/11 he was really not that great after the first month when he got hurt), Boozer was useless in those playoffs because of injury, and Hamilton might be a nice contributor if he was ever around.

Both Noah and Deng were more efficient players in 10/11 than this year. It's been discussed ad nauseum, but Noah's spike in production has been caused by a doomsday amount of minutes while crushing his percentage from the field.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:33 PM)

When has Boozer ever been useful while wearing a Bulls' jersey? s***, they're nearly 17 points/100 possessions worse when he's on the floor this year...

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:36 PM)
Both Noah and Deng were more efficient players in 10/11 than this year. It's been discussed ad nauseum, but Noah's spike in production has been caused by a doomsday amount of minutes while crushing his percentage from the field.

I get what's going on this year to his numbers...but still, you can't tell me that Noah was nearly that effective post-injury in 2011. He just wasn't. He was a beast on the circus trip that year, hurt his hand, and then came back as sort of an average contributor who you felt ok with benching down the stretch because he wasn't going to take over.

I also cannot believe that Balta brought up possible contributions from Rip f***ing Hamilton and Carlos f***ing Boozer as reasons this team would be better than 10/11. Have you watched a game? Rip is glass and Boozer is one of the least valuable players in basketball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:37 PM)
I get what's going on this year to his numbers...but still, you can't tell me that Noah was nearly that effective post-injury in 2011. He just wasn't. He was a beast on the circus trip that year, hurt his hand, and then came back as sort of an average contributor who you felt ok with benching down the stretch because he wasn't going to take over.

I'll give you that, but the rest of the 10/11 roster more than made up for anything they lost from Noah. And given his doomsday usage, Noah's not going to be around for these playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:38 PM)
I also cannot believe that Balta brought up possible contributions from Rip f***ing Hamilton and Carlos f***ing Boozer as reasons this team would be better than 10/11. Have you watched a game? Rip is glass and Boozer is one of the least valuable players in basketball.

Honestly, no, I haven't watched a game this year. I will watch a game when Derrick Rose returns.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 04:40 PM)
Honestly, no, I haven't watched a game this year. I will watch a game when Derrick Rose returns.

Then why are you involved in this discussion and telling people about Rip Hamilton and Carlos Boozer? They are both f***ing abysmal players now and forever.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
When has Boozer ever been useful while wearing a Bulls' jersey? s***, they're nearly 17 points/100 possessions worse when he's on the floor this year...

I can't find it, but there was a piece I read somewhere a few weeks ago arguing that Boozer may be a chucker but he actually worked pretty well alongside Rose because Rose took away his bad possessions. Anywho.

This team is better because we now have "Marvelous" Marquis Teague and Jimmy "Jumpman" Butler lighting up the score board.

not to mention Kirk "Triple Double" Hinrich waiting in the wings to beast as soon as he heals his injuries

I'd feel a bit better about the Bulls if they had anyone that could actually shoot. They're 30th in 3's attempted, 30th in 3's made, and 24th in 3-point percentage. When your team is built around a penetrating PG and a strong frontcourt, that's extremely problematic. They just can't spread the floor effectively. When they absolutely need points in the playoffs, teams will pack the paint and laugh while our guards brick open 3's. It worked for the Heat before, it'll work again with Rose at less than 100%.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 02:29 PM)

For all we know they could have done it last year had Rose not went down.