2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 09:52 AM)
I'd feel a bit better about the Bulls if they had anyone that could actually shoot. They're 30th in 3's attempted, 30th in 3's made, and 24th in 3-point percentage. When your team is built around a penetrating PG and a strong frontcourt, that's extremely problematic. They just can't spread the floor effectively. When they absolutely need points in the playoffs, teams will pack the paint and laugh while our guards brick open 3's. It worked for the Heat before, it'll work again with Rose at less than 100%.

J.J Redick would be such an ideal fit for them right now.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 18, 2012 -> 09:10 PM)
Watching the Bulls, and especially Nate Robinson, this evening, was surprisingly enjoyable. It helps when everything goes right.

You may not enjoy it for too much longer. If this is true, I just don't know what to say.

The Bulls signed the veteran guard to a deal that doesn't become fully guaranteed until Jan. 10. That means they can waive Robinson with no penalty any time before that date, an option that always has been under consideration internally.

Teague's development, not to mention Derrick Rose's expected return, could make Robinson expendable.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...story?track=rss

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 07:58 AM)
Difficult to imagine that they'd look at this team and think they'd be better off without Robinson.

Reading KC Johnson, he is throwing out there that they should be shopping Hinrich and see if they could get something for him. Maybe a few deflated basketballs.

He floated possibly seeing if Milwaukee was still interested in him

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 06:03 AM)
J.J Redick would be such an ideal fit for them right now.

A guy who can't create his own shot and is a stationary pull-up jumper? He'd be nice excess, but he's not taking the Bulls anywhere they aren't going already, imo.

QUOTE (maggsmaggs @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 07:27 AM)
You may not enjoy it for too much longer. If this is true, I just don't know what to say.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baske...story?track=rss

I'm not too concerned about Nate staying around, I was just saying he was enjoyable to watch last night. He's obviously still really an out of control player who on most nights can cause as much damage as he can assistance. He, and the team, were just quite enjoyable last night, with Joakim's jazz hands, Taj's sky hook, Butler's up-tempo play, and Nate draining everything (and even almost dunking in insane fashion).

He can go, though. But I think the team likes him and he's got the right attitude that there'd be no reason to not keep him on the roster.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 09:07 AM)
A guy who can't create his own shot and is a stationary pull-up jumper? He'd be nice excess, but he's not taking the Bulls anywhere they aren't going already, imo.

Hasn't it been pointed out already that the Bulls are pretty much the worst 3 point shooting team in the league right now?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 09:12 AM)
I'm not too concerned about Nate staying around, I was just saying he was enjoyable to watch last night. He's obviously still really an out of control player who on most nights can cause as much damage as he can assistance. He, and the team, were just quite enjoyable last night, with Joakim's jazz hands, Taj's sky hook, Butler's up-tempo play, and Nate draining everything (and even almost dunking in insane fashion).

He can go, though. But I think the team likes him and he's got the right attitude that there'd be no reason to not keep him on the roster.

The problem is...out of the 2, you'd clearly keep Nate and dump Hinrich right now. Robinson has out of control games, but at least can help you win some.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
The problem is...out of the 2, you'd clearly keep Nate and dump Hinrich right now. Robinson has out of control games, but at least can help you win some.

Sadly, they signed Kirk to a two-year deal. That abomination should have never been signed as stated the moment it happened. Two weeks later, OJ Mayo gets the same contract.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 19, 2012 -> 08:18 AM)
Hasn't it been pointed out already that the Bulls are pretty much the worst 3 point shooting team in the league right now?

They are also fewest in attempts. Redick standing stationary at the 3 point line isn't going to make him suddenly open.