2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 02:01 PM)
Ya, I never understood why everyone hates Nate. He's the spark plug the bench needs.

Actually, I get the hate for him. He's extremely inconsistent, which means you watch him and he'll make some incredibly boneheaded plays, plays that are bad enough you look back and say "Nate cost us the game there".

But the benefit is...he also occasionally helps you win a game or two.

This Bulls team, AFAIK, is basically trying to tread water until #1 can return, and an extremely inconsistent guy who can occasionally help you win a game isn't the worst fill-in I can imagine.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 11:01 AM)
Ya, I never understood why everyone hates Nate. He's the spark plug the bench needs.

Nate is what he is. You use him for a couple minutes and you'll see what sort of night he will have. He can be very productive and very unproductive but as long as you are smart in how you manage it, he's a great option. Say you fall down 15 points, I'd throw Nate out there and see if he could get hot (that has value). But in no way is anyone going to get me to buy into a fact that Nate is playing better defense then Hinrich. Per is such a flawed stat anyway.

I'm not saying either are very good but when Rose gets back, Hinrich is the better supporting player. And in no way am I implying Hinrich is good. Hinrich also started brutally but has been coming along.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Dec 24, 2012 -> 01:11 PM)
Nate is what he is. You use him for a couple minutes and you'll see what sort of night he will have. He can be very productive and very unproductive but as long as you are smart in how you manage it, he's a great option. Say you fall down 15 points, I'd throw Nate out there and see if he could get hot (that has value). But in no way is anyone going to get me to buy into a fact that Nate is playing better defense then Hinrich. Per is such a flawed stat anyway.

I'm not saying either are very good but when Rose gets back, Hinrich is the better supporting player. And in no way am I implying Hinrich is good. Hinrich also started brutally but has been coming along.

I didn't even use PER to calculate how bad Hinrich is defensively. I used Drtg which is a pretty good indicator on whether or not the guy you're lining up against is scoring on you. It says that both Hinrich and Robinson are below average defensively(average being 100).

Everyone knew he could defend and rebound. To me, the biggest thing is he's drastically cut his foul rate. I figured that'd limit him to closer to 25 MPG. He's still not a good offensive player, he's a mediocre finisher with a very high turnover rate.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
Everyone knew he could defend and rebound. To me, the biggest thing is he's drastically cut his foul rate. I figured that'd limit him to closer to 25 MPG. He's still not a good offensive player, he's a mediocre finisher with a very high turnover rate.

By far the biggest key with him.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 25, 2012 -> 07:40 PM)

His footwork was much improved out there. He actually made a few offensive plays. 20 and 18 is sick.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Dec 26, 2012 -> 04:29 PM)
Yes, but they also play it with both teams in the same city. You try getting from Chicago to Indy today and let me know how that works for you.

@KCJHoop

Bulls are at Conseco Fieldhouse, waiting for word. Both teams have offday tomorrow. Not saying that's when game is.

I am mainly joking, as I realize its a huge blizzard there - fans can't get there, and i get that. not the first time this has happened, though i recall a couple of games the bulls played in cleveland and minnesota when there were like 400 ppl at the game due to blizzard conditions

Edited by daa84

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 01:51 PM)
Avery Johnson...He Gone

D-Will force another coach out?

More like unrealistic expectations for a roster with sub-par talent just because they are in Brooklyn and have a crazy owner. When your second-best player is a toss-up between Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Gerald Wallace, and Deron is playing gimpy, you have a problem.

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 27, 2012 -> 02:33 PM)
More like unrealistic expectations for a roster with sub-par talent just because they are in Brooklyn and have a crazy owner. When your second-best player is a toss-up between Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Gerald Wallace, and Deron is playing gimpy, you have a problem.

Needs more CJ Watson