2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 01:46 AM)
They are also fewest in attempts. Redick standing stationary at the 3 point line isn't going to make him suddenly open.

Actually if you've watched any of Orlando's games this season, he's probably been our main facilitator especially off the pick and roll.

Think people still sell him short and call him nothing but a jump shooter, he's developed his game to a better point than that nowadays (and I think he's argubly our best player now).

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 01:06 AM)
Actually if you've watched any of Orlando's games this season, he's probably been our main facilitator especially off the pick and roll.

Think people still sell him short and call him nothing but a jump shooter, he's developed his game to a better point than that nowadays (and I think he's argubly our best player now).

I've actually watched a decent amount of Magic on League Pass given I've added Redick and Vucevic. Yeah, Redick has handled the ball some, but only as a last-ditch effort. He still doesn't create his own shot.

However, he'd certainly be an improvement over Rip Hamilton - so there's that.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
I've actually watched a decent amount of Magic on League Pass given I've added Redick and Vucevic. Yeah, Redick has handled the ball some, but only as a last-ditch effort. He still doesn't create his own shot.

However, he'd certainly be an improvement over Rip Hamilton - so there's that.

You know, the Bulls could actually get their hands on Reddick using their expirings. Hamilton + one of Nazr, Vlad, Robinson, Teague, Bellini, or Butler actually gets that done, and doesn't add any long term money to Orlando if they're trying to clear cap space (unless they take back one of the young guys).

The stars align two years from now when we get Mirotic and the Charlotte pick. I guess there is obviously an outside chance that we get their pick this year, but I think it's more likely that they get it in 2014.

2014 pick + Mirotic - Boozer + other mid-level guys + healthy D-Rose = Championship

That kid is from Chicago!

WHATRE YOU DOIN DRAGIC!? DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO!??!!

This kid can GO. UP. STAIRS.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/stacey-king-soundboard.html

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 09:35 AM)
2014 pick + Mirotic - Boozer + other mid-level guys + healthy D-Rose = Championship

That's also, conveniently, the year Deng's contract has expired.

Depending on where the cap actually is by then and what happens, they could have ~ $15 million in cap space prior to signing Mirotic, if they shot solely for cap space but still held Taj, Noah, and Rose.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)

Depending on where the cap actually is by then and what happens, they could have ~ $15 million in cap space prior to signing Mirotic, if they shot solely for cap space but still held Taj, Noah, and Rose.

The future is bright for the Bulls. Until then, just enjoy the best league on the planet, people!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:43 AM)

I don't see how. Rose/Noah/Taj is already $40 million and you'd have to offer Mirotic an MLE-type contract in order to make it profitable for him to come to the NBA. Add in the various draft picks and you're at $50 million, more if they really do get the Bobcats' pick, and you need 6 or 7 more guys signed.

Are you expecting the cap to go up like $10 million in the next two years? Because that's basically the only way they'd get THAT much cap space.

Edit- I missed the "before signing Mirotic" part, which does help their cause. Still probably not $15 million, more like the 8-10 range.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 08:35 AM)
The stars align two years from now when we get Mirotic and the Charlotte pick. I guess there is obviously an outside chance that we get their pick this year, but I think it's more likely that they get it in 2014.

That kid is from Chicago!

WHATRE YOU DOIN DRAGIC!? DID YOU NOT GET THE MEMO!??!!

This kid can GO. UP. STAIRS.

http://www.nba.com/bulls/stacey-king-soundboard.html

Putting "Boozer" in there had to be a typo, right? If they have Taj and Mirotic, he better be nowhere near the roster.

Also, Bobcats' pick protections...

2013 first round draft pick to Chicago

Charlotte's own 2013 1st round draft pick to Chicago (top-12 protected in the 2013 Draft, top-10 protected in 2014, top-8 protected in 2015 and unprotected in the 2016 Draft.) [Charlotte - Chicago, 2/18/2010]

Given that they've lost 13 in a row, the odds of them improving enough to be a fringe-playoff team next year (what would be needed for the Bulls to get the pick) don't seem very good. I could maybe see getting it for the 2015/16 season since Walker/MKG looks like an okay start and you'd be adding two more lottery picks.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 04:54 PM)
Also, Bobcats' pick protections...

Given that they've lost 13 in a row, the odds of them improving enough to be a fringe-playoff team next year (what would be needed for the Bulls to get the pick) don't seem very good. I could maybe see getting it for the 2015/16 season since Walker/MKG looks like an okay start and you'd be adding two more lottery picks.

Right. I was hoping for them to be horrible through 2016 and have a high lottery pick chance. I doubt we'll find much more than a role player with a pick 10 or higher, especially with Gorpax.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)
Right. I was hoping for them to be horrible through 2016 and have a high lottery pick chance. I doubt we'll find much more than a role player with a pick 10 or higher, especially with Gorpax.

*Garpax

And yeah, that's the problem. While other teams are finding steals throughout the draft, the Bulls at best find the try hard rotation guys.

QUOTE (bmags @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 11:19 AM)

Given their drafting history, it's still highly possible. That's especially true since the 2013 draft doesn't look like it has any surefire franchise guys. If they get two more Bismack Biyombo's, they're still going to suck.

However, Rich Cho is the GM now and he seems fairly smart. The 2014 draft also appears to have significant homerun potential.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 11:33 AM)
Also, I don't think you can really fault their drafting given they've been in the 20's for a while. The success rate picking in the 20's is pretty low. Their last late-lottery pick was Joakim Noah, a similar caliber player would be a godsend.

I'm not upset with our draft success, really. We've had a total dud or two, but we tend to get some value.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 06:21 PM)
*Garpax

And yeah, that's the problem. While other teams are finding steals throughout the draft, the Bulls at best find the try hard rotation guys.

I actually really like my typo.

QUOTE (Jake @ Dec 20, 2012 -> 06:36 PM)
I'm not upset with our draft success, really. We've had a total dud or two, but we tend to get some value.

I'm not upset, but say there are 5 players who the draft legitimately likes and it's a big drop off. I just feel like that is a time where you need to strike a deal and get a potential playmaker. But if we have the 11 pick, I feel like we'll sit and get a starter or nice bench player. But we really need a potential player. Obviously, there have been some great players from the 12 pick in the past, so it's not like it's impossible.