2012-2013 NBA thread

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 07:30 PM)
Havent heard his name in a while.

The reality is the Bulls can find a defensive big man somewhere. The really need a guy who can stretch the floor. Ive always been partial to Jon Leuer :D

If this were true, we wouldn't have s***ty-ass Nazr Mohammed as our back-up center.

People make bad decisions.

I wasnt talking about 35 year old retreads. I was talking about finding quality recently graduated guys who were overlooked do to mediocre offensive skills.

Nazt averaged 11 minutes last year at 34, Im not sure who thought hed be better this year at 35.

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ Feb 7, 2013 -> 10:21 PM)
This Denver team is fun to watch

Maybe against somebody other than the Bulls, but I didn't have any fun watching that. I'm going to the game tonight against the Jazz. I hope for a better Bulls' performance.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 09:43 AM)
SErious question...can Rip Hamilton shoot anymore? He is missing everything.

Rip Hamilton is a gimp being paid $5 million. There's nothing he does well anymore, and the Bulls hopefully will ditch him once D Rose returns.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 10:16 AM)
Andrea Bargnani is a 7' C/PF who averages less than 5 rebounds a game...

He plays a SF game in 7 foot tall frame, that's all. The guy's been steadily declining since his peak in 09/10. If we want a tall guy to suck at defense and rebounding while chucking threes and shooting around 40% from the field, we can just give Vlad-Rad a ton of run.

That would be a bad idea.

I can't believe we found a "trade Boozer" rumor that I hate, but I hate the idea of Bargnani, and so does Thibodeau apparently.

A source told the Sun-Times it’s unlikely the trade will be consummated.

link

Rose apparently doing absolutely everything in practice (as of yesterday) and is asking certain teammates to stay late to help him get ready!!!

Regarding Bargnani. I hate it since we don't have Asik, but I could see Bargnani's efficiency rates climb significantly on a team like the Bulls where he goes from the #1 option in Toronto to the #3 option (behind Deng/Rose). He can create his own shot and is a good shooter, however, he's also known to be incredibly lazy and not into things (and his efficiency/shooting percentages totally blow). There are some good quotes from some of his various coaches he's had that talk about the type of player he could be...he's just never put in the effort and doesn't have the drive to become that player. However, I could see the value he'd bring and would have to assume if he did come Thibs would put him in a position where he'd at least be in the right spots defensively (similar to what they do with Boozer) and it would be nice to stretch the floor when Rose comes back (knowing that when Rose returns, the paint is going to get a whole lot smaller, which increases the importance of having an outside game, something the Bulls currently absolutely blow at).

I really have no idea how they have the record they do. They should be a pretty awful team, but that is why Thibbs is an elite coach in this league as far as I'm concerned.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Rose apparently doing absolutely everything in practice (as of yesterday) and is asking certain teammates to stay late to help him get ready!!!

Derrick Rose has been doing everything and had zero limitations in practice since January 30th. If he made less money and were on a less conservative roster and mattered less, he'd have been playing last week. That being said, the Bulls like to be right, and they've been saying after the ASB for 9 months, and we'll be seeing D very very soon.

drose2.gif

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 02:13 PM)
Regarding Bargnani. I hate it since we don't have Asik, but I could see Bargnani's efficiency rates climb significantly on a team like the Bulls where he goes from the #1 option in Toronto to the #3 option (behind Deng/Rose). He can create his own shot and is a good shooter, however, he's also known to be incredibly lazy and not into things (and his efficiency/shooting percentages totally blow). There are some good quotes from some of his various coaches he's had that talk about the type of player he could be...he's just never put in the effort and doesn't have the drive to become that player. However, I could see the value he'd bring and would have to assume if he did come Thibs would put him in a position where he'd at least be in the right spots defensively (similar to what they do with Boozer) and it would be nice to stretch the floor when Rose comes back (knowing that when Rose returns, the paint is going to get a whole lot smaller, which increases the importance of having an outside game, something the Bulls currently absolutely blow at).

I like this analysis of the idea of adding Bargs - I just don't know that his ceiling is as high as some think.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 12:22 PM)
Derrick Rose has been doing everything and had zero limitations in practice since January 30th. If he made less money and were on a less conservative roster and mattered less, he'd have been playing last week. That being said, the Bulls like to be right, and they've been saying after the ASB for 9 months, and we'll be seeing D very very soon.

drose2.gif

Supposedly he had still been limited to an extend but now they have him going at full 100%. Not sure what the really means though. Probably has more to do with the fact that by and large they haven't had a lot of opportunities to really practice so the big thing is other guys are staying after practice to help now. Feels like the Bulls are the walking wounded right now.

I really miss Hinrich and am surprised I'd say that.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 9, 2013 -> 02:42 AM)
Just got back from the Bulls game. What a blast! Boozer came up huge in the 4th. Quite a few Bulls fans there; a lot more than when I saw the Bulls here in Rose's rookie season.

Beaten senseless by the Nuggets last night, beating a Jazz team on a roll the next night. Such a hard team to figure out.

QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Feb 8, 2013 -> 11:42 PM)
Just got back from the Bulls game. What a blast! Boozer came up huge in the 4th. Quite a few Bulls fans there; a lot more than when I saw the Bulls here in Rose's rookie season.

It was a great performance by Boozer in the 4th.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 9, 2013 -> 10:38 AM)
It was a great performance by Boozer in the 4th.

Yeah the game changed after Boozer got that technical foul and decided to be agressive and go straight towards the basket against the foul happy Jazz. Very impressive 4th quarter for him.