2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 03:16 PM)
If one day this website starts making more money than my real job, then Ill start worrying about rolls of the dice, and whether or not Im considered a legitimate source of sports information.

...and paying for images :D

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 03:24 PM)
So who on the Score said there's a chance he will play...?

Whoever the update guy is right now. I'll admit, I don't know his name. But I've been listening all day and hearing "out" and wondering why they were saying that when it hasn't been stated, and then definitely noticed the change to "chance he'll play" with the last one.

And just to be fair to Steve, why wasnt Felix hating on Cowley for doing the same thing:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/18904555-41...vs-nuggets.html

Contrary to rumor, Derrick Rose not playing Monday vs. Nuggets

Headline and the report are conflicting:

That means a full-go in practice Sunday and a re-evaluation Monday. Then it’s up to Rose to decide if he’s ready to return.

So the headline says, definitely not playing. But the info says "re-evaluated".

Now cowley, unlike steve, is writing for a national newspaper and being paid a large sum. You would think that someone like Felix who cares about journalistic integrity, would be far more upset about a major media news outlet using sensationalism, than a fan based blog.

Even today's article Cowley flat out misleads the reader:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/...status-quo.html

Thibs said "unlikely" that means there is a chance. A true reporter, would say that there is a chance Derrick Rose would play, and there is possibly some truth to the rumors.

But we are talking about journalism, where sensationalism sells and facts are thrown away.

So before you crucify Steve, ask yourself has he done something that is worse than people who are actually being paid to tell you good information?

The answer is no.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 01:13 PM)
lmao. Oh snap. I didn't even see the "confirmed" part. Damn.

Manti teo

soxobama

steve

May you all rest in peace.

POTY

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 02:26 PM)
I have told you repeatedly to stop posting my photo on the internet. For the last time, PLEASE STOP

who was it whose pic kept getting posted on here about 6-8 years ago?

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
And just to be fair to Steve, why wasnt Felix hating on Cowley for doing the same thing:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/18904555-41...vs-nuggets.html

Contrary to rumor, Derrick Rose not playing Monday vs. Nuggets

Headline and the report are conflicting:

So the headline says, definitely not playing. But the info says "re-evaluated".

Now cowley, unlike steve, is writing for a national newspaper and being paid a large sum. You would think that someone like Felix who cares about journalistic integrity, would be far more upset about a major media news outlet using sensationalism, than a fan based blog.

Even today's article Cowley flat out misleads the reader:

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/basketball/...status-quo.html

Thibs said "unlikely" that means there is a chance. A true reporter, would say that there is a chance Derrick Rose would play, and there is possibly some truth to the rumors.

But we are talking about journalism, where sensationalism sells and facts are thrown away.

So before you crucify Steve, ask yourself has he done something that is worse than people who are actually being paid to tell you good information?

The answer is no.

Dunno.jpg

This thread has gotten weird.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:22 PM)
Why are you guys keep on saying there still is a chance he will play tonight?

Just went through an hour of my feed not a single mention of Derrick Rose period.

Please note I do not follow flapship on twitter.

Because the only reputable site, Rotoworld, has yet to declare who the Bulls active list is for tonight, and that includes updates on Taj and Hinrich.

Add that to the fact that Steve was told that Rose was going to be playing tonight.

Maybe hell be wrong, but he feels confident in his source and that is his call not mine.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:25 PM)
Because the only reputable site, Rotoworld, has yet to declare who the Bulls active list is for tonight, and that includes updates on Taj and Hinrich.

Add that to the fact that Steve was told that Rose was going to be playing tonight.

Maybe hell be wrong, but he feels confident in his source and that is his call not mine.

Fair enough. He really would be beating everyone else to the punch.