2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:47 PM)
Nope he was asked not to.

Which should be an indication of the reliability.

Whenever you dont read a sources name, you should not believe its true.

If the source wont put there name to a statement, you should not believe its true.

You've never posted your name here. No one should ever listen to you.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:50 PM)
You've never posted your name here. No one should ever listen to you.

I dont trust anyone on the internet until proven otherwise.

Even posters on Soxtalk Ill try and research if they make statements to see if there is any reason to believe it.

Steve and I are very different people. The comparison I use is that if we ran a bar, Steve would want a big neon sign and tons of advertising. If I ran a bar, I would want no sign, and I would want no advertising.

I dont care about publicity or any of that. Im the exact opposite.

(edit)

And while I may not agree with how this all went down, I will give Steve respect for owning up and saying he was wrong.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:58 PM)
I dont trust anyone on the internet until proven otherwise.

Even posters on Soxtalk Ill try and research if they make statements to see if there is any reason to believe it.

Steve and I are very different people. The comparison I use is that if we ran a bar, Steve would want a big neon sign and tons of advertising. If I ran a bar, I would want no sign, and I would want no advertising.

I dont care about publicity or any of that. Im the exact opposite.

Says the guy with a link to Flapship in his signature.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:40 PM)
Why? I said not to believe it multiple times.

I even came on this site and asked why were people believing it?

Not that I really care, its not like I post a ton of rumors and hope that people think Im a good source.

Im not a good source, lets make that clear.

You should get Marty to post on your site. His sources have Hahn bringing back Ozzie in a year or 2.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)
You should get Marty to post on your site. His sources have Hahn bringing back Ozzie in a year or 2.

Hmm

Have you ever wanted to work for a free blog before, where you get no money, but people want you to have higher journalistic integrity than reporters making 6 figures?

If so, I think we could work out a real great deal because that idea has comedy gold written all over it.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:29 PM)
Bulls sign Malcolm Thomas to a 10-day contract as reported by Aggrey Sam.

I've been tweeting at all the beat people saying we should grab him, glad somebody was listening.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 05:33 PM)
You should change your name to something worthwhile and then post more.

lol

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 06:15 PM)

I wondered how long this would go without that being brought up.

Bulls game? In review.

Heat game? In review.

Besides the f***ing timeouts every single possession, and the damned reviews, which just f***ed the Bulls out of a win, the NBA is killing its own product. Give me some damned basketball, instead of dead time and replays.

I think it is a horrendous rule regardless. I was trying to explain it to someone who doesn't really watch much basketball and it was like I was speaking Mandarin...it doesn't make sense unless someone says "this is just how it works now quit asking questions"

QUOTE (Jake @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 10:08 PM)
I think it is a horrendous rule regardless. I was trying to explain it to someone who doesn't really watch much basketball and it was like I was speaking Mandarin...it doesn't make sense unless someone says "this is just how it works now quit asking questions"

I'm pretty sure there is no offensive goaltending in international rules.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 09:49 PM)
Bulls game? In review.

Heat game? In review.

Besides the f***ing timeouts every single possession, and the damned reviews, which just f***ed the Bulls out of a win, the NBA is killing its own product. Give me some damned basketball, instead of dead time and replays.

I didn't see any of the reviews in question. Maybe they were bogus or unecessary.

But wouldn't you rather have correct calls and some reviews, than incorrect calls quickly?

I'm not sure many people turn off/don't watch basketball/football games due to reviews. You're already investing 2-3 hours, at that time a few minutes doesn't do anything.

There was a time when this thread was about, you know, basketball before it turned into sports journalism 101...If you want to b**** about ethics in sports reporting, make a damn thread about it so I can avoid it and just read about basketball here.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Mar 18, 2013 -> 11:31 PM)
I didn't see any of the reviews in question. Maybe they were bogus or unecessary.

But wouldn't you rather have correct calls and some reviews, than incorrect calls quickly?

I'm not sure many people turn off/don't watch basketball/football games due to reviews. You're already investing 2-3 hours, at that time a few minutes doesn't do anything.

There were three different games going on last night during the stretch. I was going between the Hawks/Bulls/Heat. There were literally stretches where it was play for a few seconds, then a stoppage of a few minutes. Commercials and endless replays is a terrible way to promote your product. The NHL gets it right with one timeout and very limited reviews. The game flow is so much better. It is a crime when you have two marque games, both with multiple overlapping stretches with no action going on in crunch time.