2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2013 -> 08:58 AM)
This was easily the most frustrating season as a fan of all-time, simply because of the Rose drama. Thank God it's mostly over.

I feel like I have a new appreciation for Thibs and basketball in general. These guys have gutted it out and have gotten f***ed some along the way. I think it's ok to be proud of them as a fan. Really, the only player to be upset with is Rose.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 14, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)
I feel like I have a new appreciation for Thibs and basketball in general. These guys have gutted it out and have gotten f***ed some along the way. I think it's ok to be proud of them as a fan. Really, the only player to be upset with is Rose.

True. I can also remain upset with the organization since they decided to trickle into the luxury tax territory for this abortion of a season. This should be about championships, and they'll be further away from one because of the way they approached this season. But hey, they sold 5 games worth of playoff tickets and concessions!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 13, 2013 -> 09:54 PM)
Ha. He's part of it. But really. I still have nightmares about that '04 Detroit team. #wORSTmoSTBoringChampionshipTeamSINCE1979. The grizzlies are so similar. So sad that Westbrook got hurt. That's the only reason this boring ass team is going to the conference finals.

Seriously...Memphis is a pretty damn good team that is built for the playoffs. They are the best team in the west right now and will give the heat a run if they make it to the finals.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2013 -> 09:09 AM)
True. I can also remain upset with the organization since they decided to trickle into the luxury tax territory for this abortion of a season. This should be about championships, and they'll be further away from one because of the way they approached this season. But hey, they sold 5 games worth of playoff tickets and concessions!

Maybe that was because they assumed they'd see #thereturn of a superstar player at some point in the regular season?

i know it is a game for them to come up with the most ridiculous style ever for walking in and for postgame, but damn, Wade wins. He must have had to tuck his balls under his lungs to make that fit

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:15 AM)
Well did you see the jacket he wore the other day to the post game presser? That was far worse, imo

i did, it was pretty awful. Whatever, hopefully we get a star that believes in style at some point

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 14, 2013 -> 09:06 AM)

I am incredibly proud of Thibs, and the players on the roster not named after a flower. Even the series win against New Jersey is pretty amazing. The Nets were way more talented, and the Bulls still beat them in seven games, without the home court advantage. Anything they did against Miami was icing.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:14 AM)
i know it is a game for them to come up with the most ridiculous style ever for walking in and for postgame, but damn, Wade wins. He must have had to tuck his balls under his lungs to make that fit

It is what happens when you surround yourselves with yes men. When I win the powerball, I am going to be sure to keep at least one friend who will smack the s*** out of me if I start dressing like that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 14, 2013 -> 10:25 AM)
It is what happens when you surround yourselves with yes men. When I win the powerball, I am going to be sure to keep at least one friend who will smack the s*** out of me if I start dressing like that.

I will gladly get paid to smack you arbitrarily

QUOTE (Brian @ May 14, 2013 -> 03:27 PM)
Shumpert getting an MRI on his knee

eat-popcorn-3D.gif

Shumpert's knee "bent backward" during Game 3 and he hasn't practiced since due to soreness. The injury may be related to a recent increase in playing time for Shumpert, but fortunately it isn't related to his ACL surgery from last season.

But you all know that everyone will say this proves Rose was correct to sit out the entire season!

Edited by Steve9347

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 14, 2013 -> 03:28 PM)
eat-popcorn-3D.gif

Shumpert's knee "bent backward" during Game 3 and he hasn't practiced since due to soreness. The injury may be related to a recent increase in playing time for Shumpert, but fortunately it isn't related to his ACL surgery from last season.

But you all know that everyone will say this proves Rose was correct to sit out the entire season!

Wouldn't Rose have been getting an increase in playing time too? :unsure: