2012-2013 NBA thread

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:46 PM)
On the radio this morning the were talking about how the playoffs did not benefit the Bulls at all in the grand scheme of things. I think it helped Jimmy Butler and Noah as well as got Teague some time.

It helped the a lot. It gave them the knowledge that they could both score, and win games, without Derrick Rose and Luol Deng. It also gave them a starter in Jimmy Butler.

• Replies 10k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:49 PM)
It helped the a lot. It gave them the knowledge that they could both score, and win games, without Derrick Rose and Luol Deng. It also gave them a starter in Jimmy Butler.

Yup. They learned that Nate Robinson can get hot enough to carry you in some games and cold enough to bury you and set records in futility.

Oh wait, they learned nothing.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:56 PM)
Yup. They learned that Nate Robinson can get hot enough to carry you in some games and cold enough to bury you and set records in futility.

Oh wait, they learned nothing.

Nate might have made himself some money this year, just not with the Bulls.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:59 PM)
KC Johnson confirms Derrick's return!!!!!!!! :P

You do understand that by "next year," he is literally referring to the year 2014. He's still going to miss the first 2+ months of the season.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 16, 2013 -> 03:05 PM)
You do understand that by "next year," he is literally referring to the year 2014. He's still going to miss the first 2+ months of the season.

Hell, it could be just referring to any time next season. Maybe he'll be back by the playoffs.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 09:14 PM)
Hell, it could be just referring to any time next season. Maybe he'll be back by the playoffs.

Watch Shumpert require another knee surgery and still return before him.

Having no idea what they'll add next year, I'd be happy with a Rose/Butler/Deng/Taj/Noah starting line-up, with Hinrich/Boozer/Belinelli/scrub/scrub leading the 2nd team. If we're going to keep Boozer, put him in a spot where he'll be most useful, and that's with a guy that can set him up like Hinrich. He sucks with Rose.

Wasn't Hinrich supposed to be the starting 2 guard when Rose came back? If they can swing a deal for Love involving Deng would you guys be ok with a Rose-Hinrich-Butler-Love-Noah starting 5?

I know Love is a pipe dream but he was brought up so I went with it.

Edited by 2nd_city_saint787

QUOTE (2nd_city_saint787 @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:08 PM)
Wasn't Hinrich supposed to be the starting 2 guard when Rose came back? If they can swing a deal for Love involving Deng would you guys be ok with a Rose-Hinrich-Butler-Love-Noah starting 5?

Yes, but it'll never happen.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 05:10 PM)
Yes, but it'll never happen.

Agreed. Once they did the deal, one out of Hinrich, Love, Noah, or Rose would constantly be hurt. And Butler might die after 17 straight games where he plays 48 minutes.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:58 PM)
Having no idea what they'll add next year, I'd be happy with a Rose/Butler/Deng/Taj/Noah starting line-up, with Hinrich/Boozer/Belinelli/scrub/scrub leading the 2nd team. If we're going to keep Boozer, put him in a spot where he'll be most useful, and that's with a guy that can set him up like Hinrich. He sucks with Rose.

I'll never find the link but there was an argument on one of those advanced stat websites earlier this year saying that Boozer's scoring drops a lot when Rose is in the lineup but his efficiency shoots up as a consequence...basically, most of Boozer's bad shots become possessions where he doesn't take the shot. He scores on some of those bad shots, but the team is better off with someone else taking them.

This was a good season for the Bulls. A lot of fun to watch, too. This team has more heart without Derrick. Having Derrick Rose on your team is great, but I hope we can take the lessons learned and continue playing a team game. Too often, offensively, it was just everyone watching Derrick dribble. Run an offense and take advantage of everybody's talents.

QUOTE (Jake @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:15 PM)
This was a good season for the Bulls. A lot of fun to watch, too. This team has more heart without Derrick. Having Derrick Rose on your team is great, but I hope we can take the lessons learned and continue playing a team game. Too often, offensively, it was just everyone watching Derrick dribble. Run an offense and take advantage of everybody's talents.

Honestly, I am not sure we are much better against the Heat in particular, with Derrick playing. Not saying he doesn't make us better, but there were a lot of times during that '11 series when I questioned whether he was a big improvement considering the way LeBron shuts him down.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:20 PM)
Pointless talking about Love. Bulls have nothing in players/assets that would peak any interest (not that they have any interest in trading him anyway).

Well, to be fair, a lot of deals for good players have gone down recently with s*** going back. And they do have that Charlotte pick.

I mean, Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and some bad picks for James Harden!

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 16, 2013 -> 04:19 PM)
Honestly, I am not sure we are much better against the Heat in particular, with Derrick playing. Not saying he doesn't make us better, but there were a lot of times during that '11 series when I questioned whether he was a big improvement considering the way LeBron shuts him down.

I know what you mean and I think it is the way we run offense. We tried to do the things NBA teams like to do, run an iso for your scorer in the fourth quarter, and it just wasn't working. Unfortunately, we didn't try anything else either.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 16, 2013 -> 02:28 PM)
Well, to be fair, a lot of deals for good players have gone down recently with s*** going back. And they do have that Charlotte pick.

I mean, Kevin Martin, Jeremy Lamb, and some bad picks for James Harden!

The pick was the main thing he brought up when discussing assets for Love.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 16, 2013 -> 06:20 PM)
The pick was the main thing he brought up when discussing assets for Love.

With his salary, Deng almost certainly has to be involved in that deal as well. Yes the Bulls have Butler, but at the very least, Lu's been something of an enormous asset since Thibs took over.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2013 -> 05:30 PM)
Btw, I know he has to "stay alive" for a bit first, but does anyone know whether Deng plans to have the wrist surgery he avoided last year?

he said he'd decide after the season was over, and he might not even need it. haven't heard anything mentioned yet.

Edited by buhbuhburrrrlz