6/27/2012 GT: Sox vs Twinks

Jake

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

How many would ditch Rios TODAY if we could get rid of his entire contract?

Man. Interesting decisions for KW this next month. There's just no way they could trade Peavy, Rios or Dunn. Not with Youkilis now on board. And there's not a RF replacement in sight, unless they brought back CQ, haha.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 08:21 PM)
Dunn, Rios, De Aza, and Youk with three hits a piece.

Escobar and JorDanks with two each.

The other four hitters in this game with one each.

Me likey :headbang

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:22 PM)

Man. Interesting decisions for KW this next month. There's just no way they could trade Peavy, Rios or Dunn. Not with Youkilis now on board. And there's not a RF replacement in sight, unless they brought back CQ, haha.

Dude. They are in first place by at least 1.5 games, maybe 2.5. Can we please stop with the trade away contracts stuff for now? At least wait until Detroit gets hot or something.

huh? We're not trading anybody now, not when we're competing for the division title. We'll be buyers if anything.

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Jun 28, 2012 -> 03:24 AM)
huh? We're not trading anybody now, not when we're competing for the division title. We'll be buyers if anything.

I know that, but it's pretty incredible we could trade all three of those guys to other teams and perhaps not eat ANY salary and NOT want to do it...coming into season, that possibility wasn't even conceivable.

Edited by caulfield12

I know that, but it's pretty incredible we could trade all three of those guys to other teams and perhaps not eat ANY salary and NOT want to do it...coming into season, that possibility wasn't even conceivable.

Well, I still want to trade Dunn away. But not this year.

20 HITS!!!!

i wish the Sox would give share some of these runs when Peavy pitches. Sale has got a LOT of run support this year...not that he's necessarily needed 'em, but the Sox would definitely have some more wins if they gave this kind of support to Peavy.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 27, 2012 -> 02:25 PM)
What contract would you offer to AJ for 2013?

Talk to me after this season. If we fall apart, nothing. If Flowers takes a step forward offensively, probably nothing, but maybe a $3 or $4 million one year deal, maybe a team option year.

If Flowers doesn't progress, then you have to compete with the market.