GT: Texas Rangers @ Chicago White Sox

justBLAZE

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 08:10 AM)
Maybe AJ can hit a line drive that bounces off of Oswalt into the Rangers dugout where it'll smack Washington in the balls.

They were talking on the Twins broadcast last night how most people think Washington deliberately chose Harrison and Nathan to be on the roster instead of Darvish, knowing full-well that if he put Darvish in the final vote he would win.

I guess his answer to all the criticism would be "When your team makes it to the World Series, your manager can pick all of your guys to be on the team."

In all honesty, as much as I'd like to see as many of our guys go as possible, DA had a good point...probably better for them not to go and rest instead. And it probably keeps their prices down just a bit when it comes down to negotiating their contracts, too.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 08:14 AM)
They were talking on the Twins broadcast last night how most people think Washington deliberately chose Harrison and Nathan to be on the roster instead of Darvish, knowing full-well that if he put Darvish in the final vote he would win.

I guess his answer to all the criticism would be "When your team makes it to the World Series, your manager can pick all of your guys to be on the team."

In all honesty, as much as I'd like to see as many of our guys go as possible, DA had a good point...probably better for them not to go and rest instead. And it probably keeps their prices down just a bit when it comes down to negotiating their contracts, too.

Remember how many White Sox went to the 2006 All Star game because Ozzie was the manager.

I'm all about rest for the guys, but it would be nice to see the actual best players make it to the game. With the fan vote, you have some great players that just won't make it if they play for the Sox, Pirates, Royals, etc. If the All Star game means something (which I'm not a fan of), the best players should be playing, not the most popular.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 09:02 AM)
Remember how many White Sox went to the 2006 All Star game because Ozzie was the manager.

I'm all about rest for the guys, but it would be nice to see the actual best players make it to the game. With the fan vote, you have some great players that just won't make it if they play for the Sox, Pirates, Royals, etc. If the All Star game means something (which I'm not a fan of), the best players should be playing, not the most popular.

yup so we cant really criticize washington. not that his numbers are bad, but darvish is not an all star this year. theres a few that shouldnt be there like altuve, lahair ,weiters, kinlser(should of been kipnis) and kershaw(cueto, greinke)etc. but its never going to be perfect

QUOTE (TitoMB @ Jul 3, 2012 -> 11:21 AM)

banned for life.

Not harsh enough.

Who's up for tracking this f***er down and going all Max Cady on him?