Story about Dunn and his child

Mr. Showtime

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 08:38 PM)
Because personally I feel the fans need a way to show the players that they aren't pleased with the effort/performance that their team is giving them.

In what world did Adam Dunn not realize that people weren't pleased with his performance last year? How stupid do you think he is?

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

lol. This entire thread is a joke. If Adam Dunn were a Cub last year EVERYBODY here would be laughing and cheering and whatever else you can come up with. Personal problems be damned. Adam Dunn was straight horrific last year and deserved the boos. So what? Whenever a player is horrible from this point on we better hold back just in case there's some personal issue we don't know about? Get over it.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:04 PM)
lol. This entire thread is a joke. If Adam Dunn were a Cub last year EVERYBODY here would be laughing and cheering and whatever else you can come up with. Personal problems be damned. Adam Dunn was straight horrific last year and deserved the boos. So what? Whenever a player is horrible from this point on we better hold back just in case there's some personal issue we don't know about? Get over it.

Dude, you can't handle it if someone argues with you on Soxtalk.

The issue is, you keep worrying about the players feelings, like how does fans reaction impact the players feelings, but does the player have to worry about if they just suck, how would it impact the fans feelings? I mean there are tens of thousands of them, they ought to react differently.

Last time I check, the fans aren't cheerleaders, there area specific people for that, I guess that's the point you are missing. I find it funny when you would blame the GM and the manger, but not the players when the team is losing, when the players are the one who are playing the game!!

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:02 PM)
In what world did Adam Dunn not realize that people weren't pleased with his performance last year? How stupid do you think he is?

Its not just Adam Dunn. Theres plenty of legit reasons to boo someone or something at a sporting event. Thats the only voice the fans have, cheer and boo.

Dont give me this write a letter crap or say nothing because the player obviously knows they were bad. You dont have to boo, no one is saying that.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:05 PM)
Dude, you can't handle it if someone argues with you on Soxtalk.

um, what? Let's assume you're telling the truth (you're not). What does this have to do with booing Adam Dunn last year? He had one of the worst season's EVER. This is not hyperbole. If your personal issue was that bad last year? Take a break. Take a leave. Whatever. It sure didn't keep you from signing the contract. So I don't want to hear it. I'm glad Adam has bounced back. But I'm not apologizing or ashamed of a damn thing that happened last year.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:11 PM)
The issue is, you keep worrying about the players feelings, like how does fans reaction impact the players feelings, but does the player have to worry about if they just suck, how would it impact the fans feelings? I mean there are tens of thousands of them, they ought to react differently.

Last time I check, the fans aren't cheerleaders, there area specific people for that, I guess that's the point you are missing. I find it funny when you would blame the GM and the manger, but not the players when the team is losing, when the players are the one who are playing the game!!

Who cares about how the fans feel, the fans dont have to perform. No one is asking you to go on the field and hit a 90+ fastball, so I really dont care about you or other fans feelings.

The fans SHOULD BE CHEERLEADERS, that is the point you are missing.

Do you even understand the function of a cheerleader?

They are supposed to get the FANS CHEERING.

CHEER LEADER

The point of a game is to win, if you care about the team, you should do everything in your power to help that team win.

If you dont care about the team, go ahead and boo, it will make you feel better, and that seems to be what you care about, how you feel, as opposed to the team winning.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)
Who cares about how the fans feel, the fans dont have to perform. No one is asking you to go on the field and hit a 90+ fastball, so I really dont care about you or other fans feelings.

CHEER LEADER

The point of a game is to win, if you care about the team, you should do everything in your power to help that team win.

If you dont care about the team, go ahead and boo, it will make you feel better, and that seems to be what you care about, how you feel, as opposed to the team winning.

After this post, I am never posting another thing again except for to follow you around and quote and boo every post you make from now on.. I want to see if the quality of your posts go down because im not supporting you.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:16 PM)

CHEER LEADER

DUDE WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM? Who cares about how the fan feels? Then why do they even have sports shows, forums like this, message boards on ESPN? Because THOSE ARE THE REACTIONS OF THE FANS WHO STAYED AT HOME! Don't you think it would yield the same impact as booing if the player comes on here and reads a negative comment about themselves?

And no, fans are not cheerleaders. That's why they are different terms. Fans pay to see the game, it's not their job to cheer for everything that happens during the game. Cheerleaders get paid to do that job. I can't care about how the player feels, I pay to see the game, it's for entertainment, I am not there to do a job.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:25 PM)
After this post, I am never posting another thing again except for to follow you around and quote and boo every post you make from now on.. I want to see if the quality of your posts go down because im not supporting you.

Wont matter to me, I like negativity, so feed m.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:29 PM)
DUDE WHAT PLANET ARE YOU FROM? Who cares about how the fan feels? Then why do they even have sports shows, forums like this, message boards on ESPN? Because THOSE ARE THE REACTIONS OF THE FANS WHO STAYED AT HOME! Don't you think it would yield the same impact as booing if the player comes on here and reads a negative comment about themselves?

And no, fans are not cheerleaders. That's why they are different terms. Fans pay to see the game, it's not their job to cheer for everything that happens during the game. Cheerleaders get paid to do that job. I can't care about how the player feels, I pay to see the game, it's for entertainment, I am not there to do a job.

You are all over the place.

How do sports shows, which are created to make money, have anything to do with a players performance on the field being impacted by booing?

Do you even understand the word "fan"?

Fan:

A person who has a strong interest in or admiration for a particular sport, art or entertainment form, or famous person.

Admiration:

Respect and warm approval.

If you are there for purely entertainment, and not to root for the Sox, you are not a fan of the Sox, you are a fan of baseball and then feel free to boo/cheer for whoever you want.

But if you proclaim to be a "FAN" of the "SOX" you should cheer for them.

Since when is cheering a job, lol.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:37 PM)
Lots of class being shown in this thread. The guy has to travel all over the country leaving behind a kid who should not be left alone....yeah, I'm sure he really gave a s*** about what you superfans thought of his performance.

oh shut up

If its so tough, retire

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
oh shut up

If its so tough, retire

It's a shame the search function doesn't work. I'd love to go back to 2004/2005 when Wood and Prior's arms wouldn't cooperate. Nobody here showed any mercy whatsoever. Adam Dunn signed a huge contract. He then subsequently forget how to hit a baseball. You get booed when that happens.

I'm going to reiterate, epilepsy sucks. Like, destroys your life suck. I can't imagine how Dunn felt watching his young child go through what should be a happy part in his life where his biggest problem is a scraped knee. But he has to watch his son writhe in pain and is powerless to help him. His son probably can't do things that all kids enjoy. His kid might never be allowed to drive, he'll try to fit in but so much will be cut off to him. If it's not cured, he'll have to register with a disability office at schools, because it f***s up your ability to think. Every moment his kid is alive could be his last. He could be playing catch with his kid and watch his kid fall over lifelessly, even dead, as the ball soars over his head. And if he moves, he'll just be in uncontrollable pain.

But you know what? f*** the guy for striking out. Clearly he should forget about the misery his son is going through because he's in a batters box.

Edited by Quinarvy

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)
It's a shame the search function doesn't work. I'd love to go back to 2004/2005 when Wood and Prior's arms wouldn't cooperate. Nobody here showed any mercy whatsoever. Adam Dunn signed a huge contract. He then subsequently forget how to hit a baseball. You get booed when that happens.

You do understand that we are Sox fans not Cubs fans, so cheering against Cubs players doesnt really matter.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
I'm going to reiterate, epilepsy sucks. Like, destroys your life suck. I can't imagine how Dunn felt watching his young child go through what should be a happy part in his life where his biggest problem is a scraped knee. But he has to watch his son writhe in pain and is powerless to help him. His son probably can't do things that all kids enjoy. His kid might never be allowed to drive, he'll try to fit in but so much will be cut off to him. If it's not cured, he'll have to register with a disability office at schools, because it f***s up your ability to think. Every moment his kid is alive could be his last. He could be playing catch with his kid and watch his kid fall over as the ball soars over his head.

But you know what? f*** the guy for striking out. Clearly he should forget about the misery his son is going through because he's in a batters box.

So f***ing leave the team and help your son until you're comfortable enough to come back. Stop making excuses for him. Its a f***ing game, go watch the Oprah channel if you wanna feel sorry for people in unfortunate situations.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:45 PM)
I'm going to reiterate, epilepsy sucks. Like, destroys your life suck. I can't imagine how Dunn felt watching his young child go through what should be a happy part in his life where his biggest problem is a scraped knee. But he has to watch his son writhe in pain and is powerless to help him. His son probably can't do things that all kids enjoy. His kid might never be allowed to drive, he'll try to fit in but so much will be cut off to him. If it's not cured, he'll have to register with a disability office at schools, because it f***s up your ability to think. Every moment his kid is alive could be his last. He could be playing catch with his kid and watch his kid fall over lifelessly, even dead, as the ball soars over his head. And if he moves, he'll just be in uncontrollable pain.

Bulls***. This isn't something that just popped up last year. But it's being exploited now and everybody is falling for it. I knew this was coming.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:46 PM)
You do understand that we are Sox fans not Cubs fans, so cheering against Cubs players doesnt really matter.

And you just proved my point. So thank you.

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)
So f***ing leave the team and help your son until you're comfortable enough to come back. Stop making excuses for him. Its a f***ing game, go watch the Oprah channel if you wanna feel sorry for people in unfortunate situations.

What if I just want the Sox to win more games, and that is more likely if fans arent booing Adam Dunn.

Then what channel should I watch?

QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:47 PM)

Because epilepsy is SO DAMN predictable. It'll just be cured like magic. It can take four f***ing years to get a medication right, and that's for an adult. If those don't work, lets look forward to brain surgery.

I doubt he saw it coming. And all you want to do when it happens is make life go back to normal. He probably wanted to make his son proud. Think of how his son would feel if one day his dad came home retired.

"Daddy, when are we going to the stadium again?"

"We aren't son, I retired to help you get better."

Seriously, you feel like a f***ing burden on everyone when your epileptic. So his son will probably be even more miserable that his dad gave up his career for him.

But I forgot, since it's a f***ing game, then it's ok. Because personal problems have never effected anyone's job performance. Ever. Never in their life.

I'm not saying that fans shouldn't have booed. We didn't know. But at least its another reason that finally makes sense why he was so bad.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
What separates Sox fans from any other fanbase in sports? Why can't we boo our own when they don't perform?

I just want to point out it's fine that we booed. I'm not arguing that.

I'm just arguing that this is a legitimate reason for him to have sucked.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 9, 2012 -> 09:54 PM)
What separates Sox fans from any other fanbase in sports? Why can't we boo our own when they don't perform?

He is saying SOX fans shouldn't boo SOX players, what the f*** does boing the Cubs have anything to do with this ?

Edited by justBLAZE