GENERAL WARNING THREAD

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:25 PM)
This is what i don't get. Who are these 2 or 3 people you're talking about? What exactly is a troll? mcgrad flat out admitted that he was a troll. and thankfully he's gone. Is having a different opinion than the majority considered a troll? I'm not a troll. I've made some predictions that turned out to be wrong and i admitted that. I've said other teams are better than the bulls/sox. That's not being a troll. greg, as annoying as he is, is not a troll. He loves ozzie. That doesn't make him a troll. annoying? yes. But not a troll. I'm starting to think that unless i kiss chicago teams ass that i'm going to get suspended.

That the guy who brought up JR no matter the discussion? If not, that person is also a troll.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

[deleted] is a hard one to read.

He's made enough comments about "mocking" posters or making "straw man" arguments but at least he's a pretty intelligent poster, when he chooses not to get bogged down in one specific strain of thought or make facetious arguments just to get everyone riled up.

Still, overall he's a positive presence because he brings a different viewpoint and it forces you to at least think about, argue and defend your positions.

Edited by southsider2k5
name deleted

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 12:45 PM)
im glad this has finally been brought to soxtalks attention. trolls and flaming have gotten out of control. as stated above, we dont want this to be another red scare. people that we dont think to be trolls COULD be trolls, and we dont even know it. hell, some admins could be trolls and we have no idea. this needs to be stopped before it gets too bad.

If he looks like this, he is PROBABLY a troll.....

troll.jpg

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
Warning, Will Robinson.

I didn't even like that show but whenever I see warning I think of Will Robinson.

I've never seen the show. Most people say "danger will robinson". Not warning.

You know who says that a lot, like once a week? Farmio during the broadcast.

Not sure if you ever get to listen to it.

QUOTE (MAX @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 08:01 PM)
I've never seen the show. Most people say "danger will robinson". Not warning.

You know who says that a lot, like once a week? Farmio during the broadcast.

Not sure if you ever get to listen to it.

That's funny.

I forgot, it was "danger" not warning.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Really, I left WSI years ago because I replied to a post that I agreed with by saying "Amen brotha, preach it". I recieved a warning for being a religious zealot.

I also left last year. I got a little tired of a group of so called Mods playing God about warnings and suspensions. I always preferred SoxTalk and enjoyed it going on 10 years now and spent 90 % of time here anyway. :gosoxretro:

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:21 PM)
I also left last year. I got a little tired of a group of so called Mods playing God about warnings and suspensions. I always preferred SoxTalk and enjoyed it going on 10 years now and spent 90 % of time here anyway. :gosoxretro:

I was permanently banned from WSI.I got really tired of some of the mods playing god. Banned me for 2 weeks for fixing someone's post. It was just a harmless joke and I got a 2 week ban for it. In total I was probably banned for 2 months.

Edited by Baron

Lately the site has been kinda lax in enforcing the personal attacks policy on Soxtalk. Things have been kind of ridiculous lately, so today a line in the sand is getting drawn. At the end of the day it is very simple, don't make a personal attack on another poster. You can attack the point, but not the person making the point. Also, that doesn't mean you can hide the insult in an if, then statement. No "if you think X, then you are a f***ing idiot" stuff will be allowed, and it will be treated like you just flat out said the insult to someone. It will be 10 day suspensions for first offenses, no questions asked, consider this the warning.

Solid.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:49 PM)
I was permanently banned from WSI.I got really tired of some of the mods playing god. Banned me for 2 weeks for fixing someone's post. It was just a harmless joke and I got a 2 week ban for it. In total I was probably banned for 2 months.

Ah another refugee. One time they went crazy and started doing lifetime bans for those with multiple email accounts. We live in a transient society and people still use gmail, yahoo and hotmail because they lose their other accounts switching ISPs.

They operate on fear since it is a large site. They are no where near as popular anymore since the participation is quite small. You might see 10 people participate on a thread at the most. I don't like how their mods do things but I like reading some of their posts. I got banned there for 6 months for violating the political correctness religion.

Edited by kitekrazy

QUOTE (northside sawx @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 02:08 PM)
I think there is some obvious trolling and instigating from some which in turn causes the personal attacks.

Just my two cents from having lurked this board for awhile now, just registering recently.

I will say we have talked to a few specific people to try to change some posting techniques. We are aware that sometimes the content leads to problems.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 03:14 PM)
Ah another refugee. One time they went crazy and started doing lifetime bans for those with multiple email accounts. We live in a transient society and people still use gmail, yahoo and hotmail because they lose their other accounts switching ISPs.

They operate on fear since it is a large site. They are no where near as popular anymore since the participation is quite small. You might see 10 people participate on a thread at the most. I don't like how their mods do things but I like reading some of their posts. I got banned there for 6 months for violating the political correctness religion.

They have become the Disney of Sox message boards where you have to tip-toe around everything because might take offense to something. Their list of bannable offenses could just about fill an entire book.

This place is more of a PG-13.

There are other Sox sites out there that are rated R.

QUOTE (balfanman @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 11:42 AM)
Really, I left WSI years ago because I replied to a post that I agreed with by saying "Amen brotha, preach it". I recieved a warning for being a religious zealot.

Ha, I told a mod at WSI to go f*** himself since nobody else would.

I recognize this post and although I don't post much, I love the debates or information when I need to check if a media outlet is reporting bulls***.

Edited by MuckFinnesota

QUOTE (soxmaniac! @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:45 PM)
im glad this has finally been brought to soxtalks attention. trolls and flaming have gotten out of control. as stated above, we dont want this to be another red scare. people that we dont think to be trolls COULD be trolls, and we dont even know it. hell, some admins could be trolls and we have no idea. this needs to be stopped before it gets too bad.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 10:32 PM)
I'm pretty sure SS2k5 is a troll. He posts on another board under a completely different alias, so we won't catch on to him.

Most people despise me, but please believe me when I humbly, truthfully state this fact: "I am not a troll."

Go SOX!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2012 -> 06:39 PM)
Most people despise me, but please believe me when I humbly, truthfully state this fact: "I am not a troll."

Go SOX!

I would say outspoken. I'm the same as well. Too many stupid posts back in the day ruined my reputation but I still enjoy a good debate about this team when people have something to reply with.