Sox land Liriano

cabiness42

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brian Duensing ‏@BrianDuensing52

Just saw the trade news about Liriano. Sad to see him go. He was a great teammate and friend. Also found out I am spot starting tomorrow.

Great to see that Liriano was well liked with the Twins.

I'd be find with Kuhn getting the call for a month, he might only end up playing 1 game. Once September comes around we can bring up saladino and another warm body more than enough to backup ss position. I really wonder if KW has one more trick up his sleeve though.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:28 PM)
Not sure how to take this trade. Liriano could be gone at the end of the season. Escobar was hitting more than Hudson. Hopefully it stabilizes our rotation

Escobar isn't a big loss. His defense at the end of games will be missed when a PR is used for Paulie. Hudson will have to spell Youk, that's pretty scary, and I have no idea who the back up SS is. Maybe its Morel.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:29 PM)
A 6 man rotation is perfect for everyone. Sale & Peavy need the extra rest & with Floyd & Humber just coming off the DL I'm sure they could use the extra day as well.

I'm thinking 6-man for the next 36 games, and then settle on a 5-man starting Sep 7.

Kevin Slowey, Romero or Marcum is next. Dice-K...?

LOL.

Dempster will be traded to the White Sox if the Dodgers keep low-balling them and Braves don't restart talks. Theo doesn't care about the White Sox-Cubs stuff, only the return.

So Dempster for Molina + another fairly advanced pitching prospect. Floyd to be marketed for all he's worth and possibly held onto.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ Jul 29, 2012 -> 12:29 AM)
I'd be find with Kuhn getting the call for a month, he might only end up playing 1 game. Once September comes around we can bring up saladino and another warm body more than enough to backup ss position. I really wonder if KW has one more trick up his sleeve though.

Im telling you it will be Bloomquist (Backup SS, 2nd, & OF) & Putz to solidify the pen :)

QUOTE (bobryansson @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 10:30 PM)
In the trade vein, any idea on the PTBL in the Meyers trade?

Walker, Johnson, Semien or Kevan Smith in all likelihood.

It's worth it, we desperately needed a veteran reliever with 3 pitches down in the pen and a calming presence with experience.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)

LOL.

Dempster will be traded to the White Sox if the Dodgers keep low-balling them and Braves don't restart talks. Theo doesn't care about the White Sox-Cubs stuff, only the return.

So Dempster for Molina + another fairly advanced pitching prospect. Floyd to be marketed for all he's worth and possibly held onto.

Forget it. The Sox are done.

Escobar and Hudson are remarkably similar batters. I think Orlando can replicate what Eduardo has done at the plate. Interested in how we handle the rest. I say we pick up Zobrist as "utility"/full time 2B ;)

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 28, 2012 -> 11:31 PM)

LOL.

You are hearing we may be going after dempster as well? So we might look to trade Floyd for prospects. I would really like to see KW get a vetran utility infielder who plays SS.