AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!

justBLAZE

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 10:07 PM)
Stone is better at the job but Hawk seems to like Wimpy more.

Than why did he kick him out years ago. If hawk hates Stone, it's because Steve makes hawk look dumber.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 10:23 PM)
The man who collapsed at the game tonight was announced dead at the hospital. Sad and unfortunate. Prayers go out to his family.

That is most unfortunate. I was at a restaurant with the in-laws and I could see the Sox game from a far and was wondering what was going on.

Very sad.

QUOTE (Brian @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 10:13 PM)
Than why did he kick him out years ago. If hawk hates Stone, it's because Steve makes hawk look dumber.

Hawk turned on wimpy when wimpy revealed a very personal story about being molested as a kid.

The man who collapsed at the game tonight was announced dead at the hospital. Sad and unfortunate. Prayers go out to his family.

That was pretty eerie. I'm surprised they showed so much coverage of it. For the rest of the game, it was hard to get excited after watching a guy die on live TV.

That's too bad and I also feel for his family and friends. I was watching tonight and wondering about it as well because of my own experience with that. In 2005 I was fortunate to get a ticket to the first playoff game against the Red Sox. It was great, of course - I was in the corner down by the right field pole and we won bigtime, 13 or 14 runs I think. But the two or three times I went upstairs for food, etc., my left shoulder just felt strange - tired is the best word I can think of to describe it. The next night at home I started feeling that again and, after a while, realized I probably should get to a hospital. I went to Illinois Masonic and less than five minutes after I got there went into full cardiac arrest. The great people there brought me back, got me in surgery and found two blocked arteries. I was lucky, and I was watching tonight and hoping that guy would have the same luck. That's just too bad he didn't make it.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Aug 16, 2012 -> 11:13 PM)
That was pretty eerie. I'm surprised they showed so much coverage of it. For the rest of the game, it was hard to get excited after watching a guy die on live TV.

I actually nodded off just before this happened.

It kind of takes away the joy of victory. Poor guy.