GT: Sox vs. Tigers...The Final Countdown Continues

LittleHurt05

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:47 PM)
Is there any particular reason to be excited about Gavin Floyd against one of the hottest pitchers in the game?

No reason to be excited about anything White Sox. So, they are in first place in the middle of September. They suck. The players suck, the manager sucks, the announcers suck. The geniuses are on this board telling you exactly what should have been. They were waiting for Peavy to give up some runs just so they could pop of all the choke garbage, just like they were waiting for AJ to have a positive test to blast him. I really don't know why a lot of Sox fans choose to be miserable during a surprise season with the team in first place.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
No reason to be excited about anything White Sox. So, they are in first place in the middle of September. They suck. The players suck, the manager sucks, the announcers suck. The geniuses are on this board telling you exactly what should have been. They were waiting for Peavy to give up some runs just so they could pop of all the choke garbage, just like they were waiting for AJ to have a positive test to blast him. I really don't know why a lot of Sox fans choose to be miserable during a surprise season with the team in first place.

They are being handed a division and are struggling to play well.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
The Tigers have hit 35 foul balls tonight the White Sox have hit 7. I do nto know if tht means anythign but it just seemd that the Tigers made Jake work while the Sox are not making Fister work.

I would say he lacks swing and miss stuff but he does have 9 Ks, 8 swinging.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:50 PM)
Go ahead, be happy with the pitcher we've been overpaying for 3 of the last 4 seasons if it really makes YOU happy.

It's obvious, the Tigers are 1-9 in their last 10 games, not including the sweep.

You breathe ANY life back into them...well, you just don't want to do that, do you?

Would you rather the two teams be tied with 19 games to go just to make it more exciting?

Do you want to bet $1000 on Gavin Floyd against Scherzer tomorrow?

You aren't a history buff are you? The Sox breathed some life in them twice recently, both times they went into a skid. I don't like Gavin Floyd, never have, never will, so I won't bet $1000, but I will bet you $1000 the Sox make the playoffs.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)

:notworthy

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:54 PM)
You aren't a history buff are you? The Sox breathed some life in them twice recently, both times they went into a skid. I don't like Gavin Floyd, never have, never will, so I won't bet $1000, but I will bet you $1000 the Sox make the playoffs.

Paging Ceasar...

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
They are being handed a division and are struggling to play well.

Oh a team who was picked to finish NO WHERE near the top of the division this year is struggling to take full command of the division???

They have been in first for how long this season? but some of you just pretend like they should have won over 100 already haha

They will be fine.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 07:51 PM)

Maybe if you stop complaining about White Sox financial conspiracies, because that makes everyone happy too, lol.

Please join the "HAPPINESS POLICE" over at WSI if you really want to argue about what defines being a Sox fan.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Gavin Floyd is a bad pitcher. I don't think there's any crime in acknowledging that we won't be favored tomorrow.

No need to generalize beyond that.

He's a league average pitcher at this point. He has good stretches and bad stretches which average out to be completely average. I'd rather have him out there than Liriano.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Maybe if you stop complaining about White Sox financial conspiracies, because that makes everyone happy too, lol.

Well you obviously don't think the Sox will score another run tonight, and you have a bunch of company. That means the slack you were giving Peavy was 1 run. He couldn't give up more for the Sox to win.

Just stop with all your BS. Everyone knows you have no idea what you are talking about.

Well you obviously don't think the Sox will score another run tonight, and you have a bunch of company. That means the slack you were giving Peavy was 1 run. He couldn't give up more for the Sox to win.

Just stop with all your BS. Everyone knows you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's hard for me to respect the opinion of anyone who has Yoko Ono as his avatar.

QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Sep 11, 2012 -> 08:56 PM)
Oh a team who was picked to finish NO WHERE near the top of the division this year is struggling to take full command of the division???

They have been in first for how long this season? but some of you just pretend like they should have won over 100 already haha

They will be fine.

I thought they had a pretty good team so yes I think they should be playing better. That is where the frustration comes from.

Wise runs there he may have gotten on.