Sox vs. Tigers in Zanzibar

Quin

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:41 PM)
Tigers tie it tomorrow, then 19 left:

Tigers--Cle, Oak, Min, KC, Min, KC

Sox--Min, KC, LAA, Cle, TB, Cle

We're done.

Thats really pathetic. Unless you have a crystal ball somewhere on you then you dont have the slightest clue of whats going to happen.

This reminds me of Caesar's stupid comment about Detroit winning for sure against Cleveland. Look what happened there.

Edited by Baron

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:42 AM)
You guys that love to second guess Robin for all these bad decisions regarding relievers much be in heaven the past few weeks as he brings in reliever after reliever until he runs out of them. It's boring, awful baseball and if we keep doing this in his second year as manager I expect us to finish last. Our bullpen SUCKS! It's not the way to win games bringing in tons of relievers. The bodies change but one thing is constant - ONE OR TWO OF THEM FAIL every night!

If Donnie Veal wasn't God's gift to LOOGYS, then I might agree that Ventura had no other better options.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)
If Donnie Veal wasn't God's gift to LOOGYS, then I might agree that Ventura had no other better options.

Aren't you sick of this kind of baseball rather than Thornton or Crain pitching a FULL inning once in a while? This is bulls*** lefty/righty madness and it doesn't work.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
After 2008, where we haven't seen any significant improvement from Danks and Floyd.

There's hope with Quintana, Santiago, Veal, Jones and Reed.

But those last three could be out of baseball in 2-3 years, as well, You never can tell with relievers.

After NOT throwing offspeed stuff for six years, suddenly Thornton has discovered he needs a 2nd pitch.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:44 PM)

Very well may not have been available. I feel like when I've said this in the past though, that player immediately starts warming up

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:42 PM)
After 2008, where we haven't seen any significant improvement from Danks and Floyd.

I'd say the Tigers coach has done a much better job. Plus their scouting of pitchers is excellent. (I'm leaving Verlander out of this equation)

QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:44 AM)
Well, a reliever and Reed are going to have to not give up any runs.

On a scale of 1 to 10, how confident are you of that happening?

There's no way in hell we're beating Verlander. Once again we blew our chances to be up by four games heading into this series.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 02:45 AM)
Aren't you sick of this kind of baseball rather than Thornton or Crain pitching a FULL inning once in a while? This is bulls*** lefty/righty madness and it doesn't work.

It doesn't work? Lefties are 0-20 vs Veal this year. Righties are hitting .122 off of Crain this year. You can definitely put your team in a great position to succeed by playing match-ups.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:45 PM)
Why is that good?

only from Reinsdorf point of view. Blame the fans when the team sucks. I guess some people outside of the two Sox forums are sick of a decade's worth of mental midget baseball or just not being good enough.

I miss healthy Dunn. This team doesn't get far without him this year and we are quickly sliding without him in the lineup. I know he's inconsistent but hot damn I'd like to have just one of those 4-5 HRs in a week type of stretches that he gives us.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:43 PM)
Thats really pathetic. Unless you have a crystal ball somewhere on you then you dont have the slightest clue of whats going to happen.

This reminds me of Caesar's stupid comment about Detroit winning for sure against Cleveland. Look what happened there.

Some things are pretty predictable. Detroit getting swept in LA after losing the first two games to Santana and Wilson and with Greinke going Sunday.

The Sox falling apart in this series after the YOUK bunt, with Scherzer and Verlander looming.

Now, Chris Sale might be all that stands between DET and the playoffs.

We really really really need to win tomorrrow to get back some momentum, rather than HOPING that the Tigers will fall back for the 3rd time this season with division lead or a share of it.

In fact, I'm starting to agree with Marty.

Despite all the positives of this season, if we lose AJ, YOUK and Peavy, we might as well hire a new GM and figure out a different strategy to beat the Twins and now the Tigers, because the KW/RV one certainly isn't working.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:40 PM)
TRYING BRIAN FREAKIN' OMOGROSSO AGAINST THE BEST HITTER IN BASEBALL AGAIN IS DUMBER THAN THE BUNT ATTEMPT.

I thought Ventura had the capacity to learn on the job, but it's becoming dubious.

It now seems 75% of the team's improvement was just NOT having Ozzie around, but he hasn't been a good in-game manager the entire second half.

In fact, he's getting measurably worse by the week.

Caulfield/Cerb/fathom: Axis of pessimism

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:47 AM)
It doesn't work? Lefties are 0-20 vs Veal this year.

I understand what you are saying about Veal, but this lefty/righty s*** is overdone by Robin and he wasn't doing it earlier this year. You've got to have setup guys who can go a full inning. I don't care if it's Veal instead of Thornton but this is bulls***. Earlier in the year Robin kept his starters in too long arguably. Now he's in love with this one batter crap. After tomorrow the race is tied again.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:43 PM)

Ok, cool dude.

Sox are playing great baseball. They'll turn this thing around.

And all of that s***.

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:50 PM)
Ok, cool dude.

Sox are playing great baseball. They'll turn this thing around.

And all of that s***.

Like I said before. You dont have a damn clue about whats going to happen. Get over it.