Sox vs. Tigers in Zanzibar

Quin

• Replies 541
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:48 AM)
He is also forgetting that the Latin love of his life used to play matchup like he was Larusa.

Bulls***. He didn't do this and Robin didn't do this until the second half when he decided to overmanage. You don't win divisions without set up men who can, uh, set it up for the closer. We've always had guys who had roles in the bullpen dating to the days Joe Morgan proclaimed it the best in the land.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:50 AM)
I'll add that this rebuilding rules

No matter what, this has been a positive year. In no way am I giving up on the year, even if the Sox lose tomorrow. Far too many strange things have happened with the Tigers losing to inferior opponents this year, and they also have to face the red hot A's next week. Plain and simple, the Tigers are a HORRIBLE match-up for the Sox this year.

QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:51 PM)
Like I said before. You dont have a damn clue about whats going to happen. Get over it.

Definitely. The Tiger have yet to show any surge. Probably not going to happen this season unless they play us 3 more series.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
No matter what, this has been a positive year. In no way am I giving up on the year, even if the Sox lose tomorrow. Far too many strange things have happened with the Tigers losing to inferior opponents this year, and they also have to face the red hot A's next week. Plain and simple, the Tigers are a HORRIBLE match-up for the Sox this year.

Very good post fathom.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:52 AM)

What kind of a matchup are the Royals vs. the Sox?

QUOTE (Cerbaho-WG @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 09:52 PM)
He threw, what, three pitches last night?

The warmup pitches and things like that are still roadblocks to recovering a sore arm. Again, I don't know but it certainly is possible that he didn't want to pitch today.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

Their main runs have been when they fattened up on the Indians at midseason, the Twins and the Royals (until they were swept in KC).

And winning 9/10 against the White Sox after starting out 3-4.

That has allowed them to surge from 6 games under to 8 over, but it hasn't been from beating some of the really good teams the White Sox have handled like the Yankees, Angels or Rangers.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:52 PM)

before it was the Twins

It's hard for me not to label this organization as mental midgets

It would be nice of the games were close instead of total embarassment. I can't rid labeling them mental midgets.

QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 03:56 AM)
The handling of this bullpen is embarrassing. Matt Thorton better be injured.

The hitting is still the overriding issue.

All that bullpen tinkering really helped tonight. We're only down 8-1. Just pick a f***ing reliever and let him pitch. This is embarrassing lately.

QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 12, 2012 -> 08:55 PM)
The cool thing about next year is that we very well may have some money to spend, particularly if you don't sign AJ.

There are NO free agent catchers that are any good.

It's either Flowers or a trade.

The rest of the money has to go to replacing Peavy, 3B and the bullpen (possibly, if they trade Crain or Thornton).

Or we can tear things up by dealing Ramirez, Rios or Dunn.

The last two won't get us much talent back...Ramirez might, but we don't have a replacement for him that's close to ready.

Sanchez doesn't profile as a major league SS. Better off at 2B or 3B.