GAME. THREAD. 9/13 Detroit @ White Sox

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Will be interesting to see if Detroit adjusts the rotation to throw Scherzer Monday.

We also now have the option to skip the mystery 5th starter spot (presumably Liriano Saturday) and have everyone on normal rest...which would put Floyd Monday. If we don't adjust, Peavy.

Edited by IlliniKrush

Not sure how to feel about this.

Is it going to be the final game of the season, if necessary..or schedule on an off-day?

MLB and ESPN would obviously love if it was the deciding Game 162, or lead to Game 163.

So I guess it's Monday, then...

Gives us a chance to build up another game lead in the standings, both teams will have to travel back, but short flights.

Maybe it gives the Sox a chance to get some positive momentum going again.

It would be Fister's "normal" turn to go Monday, if they go Verlander/A. Sanchez/Porcello this weekend.

Edited by caulfield12

Thank God it got rained out. Now there's a chance we can do what happened before, win a series vs. Minnie and have Detroit get swept. If we can have a 3 game lead by Monday, that loss won't mean squat. Still no guarantees, but I feel better about going to Minnie with a one-game lead than a tie. If somehow we just win all three in Minnie and Detroit loses all three against whoever they are playing, I'd rather just forfeit Monday's game and get on with it. GO SOX!!!

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)
Thank God it got rained out. Now there's a chance we can do what happened before, win a series vs. Minnie and have Detroit get swept. If we can have a 3 game lead by Monday, that loss won't mean squat. Still no guarantees, but I feel better about going to Minnie with a one-game lead than a tie. If somehow we just win all three in Minnie and Detroit loses all three against whoever they are playing, I'd rather just forfeit Monday's game and get on with it. GO SOX!!!

Wtf

Edited by Brian

Still not sure how to feel.

Did we dodge a bullet, or we just missed a great chance to knock out Verlander, who's been REELING on the road since the middle of July?

It's not like Fister or Scherzer are good match-ups for us either this year. Or Porcello, until this past Monday.

And it breaks the trend of 3 series in a row (against DET) either having surrendered the lead (from 1 1/2 up to 1 1/2 down, 3 up to tied). Both times, the Tigers collapsed afterwards and gave us back 1st place.

We can't count on that happening over and over again, can we?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:23 PM)

Um, what?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:19 PM)
Not sure how to feel about this.

Is it going to be the final game of the season, if necessary..or schedule on an off-day?

MLB and ESPN would obviously love if it was the deciding Game 162, or lead to Game 163.

So I guess it's Monday, then...

Gives us a chance to build up another game lead in the standings, both teams will have to travel back, but short flights.

Maybe it gives the Sox a chance to get some positive momentum going again.

It would be Fister's "normal" turn to go Monday, if they go Verlander/A. Sanchez/Porcello this weekend.

That's why the Sox need to win the division by 3. Why get b**** slapped in front of the whole nation again?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 02:25 AM)
Still not sure how to feel.

Did we dodge a bullet, or we just missed a great chance to knock out Verlander, who's been REELING on the road since the middle of July?

It's not like Fister or Scherzer are good match-ups for us either this year. Or Porcello, until this past Monday.

And it breaks the trend of 3 series in a row (against DET) either having surrendered the lead (from 1 1/2 up to 1 1/2 down, 3 up to tied). Both times, the Tigers collapsed afterwards and gave us back 1st place.

We can't count on that happening over and over again, can we?

Yes we dodged a bullet. We would have lost tonight. Now at least we have a chance of a different scenario happening.

DET AT CLE

Verlander vs. Kluber (that one doesn't look so good, but again, Verlander has struggled 2nd half on the road)

A. Sanchez vs. Masterson (let's hope for 20 ground ball outs and a 2-1 victory for CLE)

Porcello vs. TBA

MONDAY

Fister/Scherzer vs. TBA

TUES-THUR

OAKLAND A's come to town

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Floyd vs. Fister is so much worse than Sale vs. Verlander.

I'll take my chances with the Floyd/Fister match-up as opposed to beating Verlander. Sale gets an extra day of rest and faces a Twins team that he matches up well against.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:36 PM)
His velocity was down 4 mph that inning as well.

I think the inning before we got a couple of base runners on and I was sitting there thinking the longer in between inning break is probably not good for him. He seemed in a good rhythm before that.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Sep 14, 2012 -> 02:34 AM)
Floyd vs. Fister is so much worse than Sale vs. Verlander.

I can't believe you are concerned with individual matchups vs. Det. They don't matter. It's best we don't play Detroit for a few days at least. See if we can build the lead up again. We weren't going to suddenly beat Verlander tonight. Now if Sale can do what's expected of him, beat Minnie, and Cleveland takes care of Detroit, we could be cooking again.