GAME. THREAD. 9/13 Detroit @ White Sox

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 04:38 PM)
Radar projection from weather.com makes it look like this rain band will hit around 7:30pm, and stick around until about 9pm. Doesn't look super-heavy though.

They should just play through it. I hate when they delay the game because of light rain then by the time they start the field is soaked and then it starts raining later in the game harder than at any time during the delay.

QUOTE (South Side Fireworks Man @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 06:35 PM)
They should just play through it. I hate when they delay the game because of light rain then by the time they start the field is soaked and then it starts raining later in the game harder than at any time during the delay.

If it's raining lightly but about to rain harder, makes much more sense to delay the game so that you don't burn both starters in 1.5 innings.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)
If it's raining lightly but about to rain harder, makes much more sense to delay the game so that you don't burn both starters in 1.5 innings.

True, but there have been more than a few times the past couple of years when the Sox delay a game when it's raining very lightly or not raining at all but when they finally play the game it begins raining harder than it ever did during the long delay.

Roger Bossard is the best at groundskeeping but he (or his source) has proven to be a lousy weatherman. If it isn't raining, or raining very lightly at start time and there are no heavy storms imminent, just start the game instead of trying to time some elusive window.

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 11:22 PM)
Dayan needs to get his swing under control

Somebody said the Big Hurt was on the radio and said Dayan would eventually make it but it "will take some time."

Uh oh. I think Hurt realizes the value of drawing some walks and getting a clue at the plate if you want to make it big in baseball.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 05:37 PM)

Sale is 0-3 with a 6.00 ERA vs. Detroit. Verlander has owned the White Sox. Starting this game and a long delay might not be a bad idea.

If they lost tonight, it would be ending on a 1-10 streak against DET, after starting ahead 4-3.

5-13, season-wise.

5-10 now against KC.

I asked this before, but has any division winner in MLB history ever advanced having lost 10 of their last 11 to the 2nd place team and STILL made the playoffs?