GAME. THREAD. 9/13 Detroit @ White Sox

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fear that a loss will pretty much be the end of the season. The Tigers will have all the momentum. But, I thought the same thing when the Sox were swept in Detroit. Maybe Detroit can only beat the Sox.

But, none of this will matter because Sale will be lights out and the offense will score some runs. Sox win tonight. Back to a two game lead. Take care of business down the stretch.

The swing in this game is just monstrous. Win, and you split a series against a team that had beaten you 7 straight times, stay 2 games into first with ~20 games left, and leave town on a good note. Lose, and you are now tied for first, feeling like you can't beat your main rival.

I will be there, front row UD. Please keep us dry. But I would sit there in the rain all game if it meant a win. Go Sox.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:37 AM)
The swing in this game is just monstrous. Win, and you split a series against a team that had beaten you 7 straight times, stay 2 games into first with ~20 games left, and leave town on a good note. Lose, and you are now tied for first, feeling like you can't beat your main rival.

I will be there, front row UD. Please keep us dry. But I would sit there in the rain all game if it meant a win. Go Sox.

This team has given us nothing but reason to expect the loss.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:19 AM)
Lately? Agreed. On the season? Quite the opposite - they have shown time and time again they bounce back after seemingly devastating losses.

Losing the to the Tigers seem to benefit them more than the Tigers.

3 weeks left. 20 games. Go 12-8 and let the chips fall.

The problem I see is that this team doesn't look good enough to go 12-8.

I hope they get it going, even if it's after another loss tonight. But this thing is over in 3 weeks. Might as well try to enjoy baseball as long as possible.