GAME. THREAD. 9/13 Detroit @ White Sox

Cerbaho-WG

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 08:34 PM)
If it starts raining at 5pm and it looks like a 3 hour rain delay (which means a 10p start), I wonder if they'll just bang it and make the Tigers come back Monday.

Before the game starts, it's in the Sox hands, right?

Yes, Sox control it. Once game starts, it's the umps.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 01:59 PM)
It will be interesting, as you'd think neither team would want to pitch their main guy in poor conditions.

Not even poor conditions, but having the delay in the middle and not having them come back. I think they don't start the game if there's rain around, and wait until they have the window. Not going to start to have it delayed a half hour later.

QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 02:39 PM)
Yes, Sox control it. Once game starts, it's the umps.

Well yes and no. They are in constant communication with the umpires and opposing manager to make the best decision, you aren't going to go preparing to start the game to have the umps let you know that as soon as you roll the tarp off, they are going to put it in a delay. It's really a joint decision using all information they have.

Even in game, it's the umps call, sure, but you have Bossard coming out giving them updates on the radar and how much rain the field can take, etc, helping them figure out when to bring the tarp out or push through.

Edited by IlliniKrush

QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 13, 2012 -> 07:34 PM)
If it starts raining at 5pm and it looks like a 3 hour rain delay (which means a 10p start), I wonder if they'll just bang it and make the Tigers come back Monday.

Before the game starts, it's in the Sox hands, right?

I think it is the home team decision. But, my guess is they will play if they can regardless of when it ends. Both teams only have about 2 hour flights at the most to get to the next series. Sox in Minnesota and who cares swhere the Tigers go to

1. Austin Jackson ® CF

2. Omar Infante ® 2B

3. Miguel Cabrera ® 3B

4. Prince Fielder (L) 1B

5. Delmon Young ® DH

6. Jhonny Peralta ® SS

7. Avisail Garcia ® LF

8. Brennan Boesch (L) RF

9. Gerald Laird ® C

7 of the 9 are registered trademarks--Sale doesn't stand a chance!